TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I'm new here, but I just recently bought my first TW.
In going thru and fixing this and that, I decided I needed a new tube in the rear, and while I was at it, I figured I might as
well paint the wheel and swingarm. Anyway, my chain slider was falling apart and oddly enough, there isn't much info here
or other places on the internet to get an inexpensive replacement. There was no way this cheapo was going to pay $37 for
one and have to wait 'till it arrives from China.
Being a machinist, I was going to use a piece of UHMP poly and make one, but I decided to go even cheaper and easier.
Attached are the pictures. Basically, I just used a 18" strip of 1/4" x 2" white teflon, wrapped it tightly around the swingarm,
pop riveted it in place.
Installed a new chain and slapped it all back together. So far it is running quiet and smooth. We'll see how long it lasts. IMG_20190521_162410531.jpg IMG_20190522_200551541.jpg

·
Registered
562 Posts
You pop riveted it directly to the swing arm?
I made one from a rubber mat I took from the dumpster on the job. I mounted mine the same way the original was. I had cut a block or Teflon or plastic decking (I don't recall ) and fitted it to recreate the stock set up.
I wouldn't call you frugal. 37 dollars is alot for that part. I wonder why they are so costly?
I would think that they would be less as it's the same for every TW ever made

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Nice work. I would be proud to hang out with another "Cheapo". I love it when someone does this kind of innovation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, drilled right into the swingarm. It's mainly just stamped steel anyway. 1/8" rivets

1 - 6 of 6 Posts