TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed oil today...first oil change,less than 100 miles.Used yamalube 10w40....cleaned oil screen,filter etc.Everything was placed back properly...filter,four slots,four holes,placed towards engine.Started bike and loosened the "check bolt"(didn't know this bike had one until checking these threads!)and no oil came out....did this 3 times same result. Checked the oil filter again...proper placement.Any suggestions?.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Changed oil today...first oil change,less than 100 miles.Used yamalube 10w40....cleaned oil screen,filter etc.Everything was placed back properly...filter,four slots,four holes,placed towards engine.Started bike and loosened the "check bolt"(didn't know this bike had one until checking these threads!)and no oil came out....did this 3 times same result. Checked the oil filter again...proper placement.Any suggestions?.

Once you fill the bike with oil, you should see oil in the small window on the right side. Did you fill the bike with 1000cc?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I had to lossen the screw almost all the way out to get oil out. I just did mine yesterday and followed the post here. Im sure your fine.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filled the case with 1.3 qt.and yes I did see oil in the window....bike was vertical not running.Another question,when the bike is running and if you are holding it vertical,should you see oil in the window?.Yes,I backed the check screw several turns on all 3 occasions....tomorrow I'll try taking it out all of the way I guess.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Filled the case with 1.3 qt.and yes I did see oil in the window....bike was vertical not running.Another question,when the bike is running and if you are holding it vertical,should you see oil in the window?.Yes,I backed the check screw several turns on all 3 occasions....tomorrow I'll try taking it out all of the way I guess.l
Just went out and checked mine. Vertical oil in window, start it up no oil visible. I had to back the screw all the way out toget oil out of it. As soon as I got oil I just hit the kill switch and put the screw back in.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like my bike is normal,I'll take out the screw tomorrow and see what happens....there probably isn't much pressure at idle on 200cc bikes??.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sounds like my bike is normal,I'll take out the screw tomorrow and see what happens....there probably isn't much pressure at idle on 200cc bikes??.

I took the whole bolt out when I checked mine. You'll be surprised how much oil starts coming out of there.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's to ensure that oil is getting to the head....my 650L had this also...but, all you had to do is breath on it and oil would SHOOT out...more pressure I suppose.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Started the bike and let it idle a moment or two,backed out the check bolt...almost came all of the way out before oil began to run!.Now it seems that I may have not tightened the filter cover bolts enough?(7 ft.lb.'s per manual?).Wiped all spilled oil off of the case yesterday.....went for alittle spin today and noticed(I'm always looking the bike(s) over when brand new)a SMALL amout of oil around the bottom of the filter cover...wiped it off and proceeded....a few miles later, same thing.I'm sure the O ring is placed properly???.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Started the bike and let it idle a moment or two,backed out the check bolt...almost came all of the way out before oil began to run!.Now it seems that I may have not tightened the filter cover bolts enough?(7 ft.lb.'s per manual?).Wiped all spilled oil off of the case yesterday.....went for alittle spin today and noticed(I'm always looking the bike(s) over when brand new)a SMALL amout of oil around the bottom of the filter cover...wiped it off and proceeded....a few miles later, same thing.I'm sure the O ring is placed properly???.

There are two o-rings. One that goes around the perimeter of the cover, then another that goes around the bottom-most bolt. Double check to make sure both are installed properly. Also, look around to make sure the oil isn't coming from some other place. I've had one or two new bikes that had a little leak that needed fixing in the first few hundred miles.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rodney...I'll recheck them....I'm confident they were "installed" correctly/were in place upon re-assembly,but, doesn't hurt to recheck.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Oil pressure on these bikes (at least my 06) is VERY low. I installed a "4psi low pressure warning light on my oil cooler. As soon a temp. got up to 220 degrees, it (warning light) would go on at anything below about 3500 rpm. I opened my bleed screw untill it almost fell out as well. Gerry

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went over EVERY nut and bolt on the new bike(09 leftover)....found a few loose ones.I still have the slight oil leak at the bottom of the oil filter cover.Checked the o rings for the 4th time on the filter cover....they seem to be placed correctly...no binding,cracks etc. .Is it possible ,that since the bike was produced in December 08 and not purchased by me until last Friday, that the filter o rings have degraded?....seem like I would see some flattening or cracking?.Hate to take bike back to the dealer and have them tell me that the o rings need replaced....missed riding time and embarassement!!!!!.

I've also posted elsewhere that the rpm's on this bike seem quite high.....I'm in 3rd gear by 25 mph.....40mph in 5th and the thing "sounds" like it is on the verge of meltdown.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Here's your redline speeds for a stock TW200 with 14/50 sprockets:

Yes, it's a busy little engine. Takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Qwerty...thanks for the info,but,having difficulty figuring out what it means. EX:...33.571-----21.5 means what?.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts