TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Philip, I work for VerticalScope.com. VerticalScope recently acquired tw200forum.com and will be taking over the management duties of the forum. Your familiar moderator and admin team will be the same people helping with the day to day forum management. We will primarily manage the technical functions of the site and support the mod team. Maintaining continuity as well as the spirit of the site is important to us. This means that little about the site will change for you the user while we continue to grow the community.

Over the next few days you will notice my team mates Helena and Kyle who will be helping me with the site announcements as well as members of our support team (they will introduce themselves in the site issues section). While we get to know the landscape of the forum and how things work we will be on hand to answer questions and get to know the unique needs of this community.

I will be working closely with the Admin/Mod team on ways we can help improve the order of things here and raise the level of your experience on tw200forum.com.

If you have questions please let me know, I will do my best to answer you all as quickly and thoroughly as I can.

-Philip

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
so we are now being further mined for our data and sold to the highest bidder?

will the forum stay basically ad free?

oh yeah, welcome to the forum. :)
what year is your tdub?

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

what year is your tdub?
I would not expect much to change unless you have a lot of suggestions for changes we can discuss.
-Philip

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

what year is your tdub?
:rolleyes::laughing5::whip2::nono::laughing4:

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
As with all changes its best to keep an eye on who owns and has rights to what.

The acquisition of any web property is, at its root, usually for profit. These are the t&c's currently linked at the bottom of this forum.

Terms & Conditions

I wish the new owners the best of luck in their endeavor.

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
VerticalScope acquired the WSF (World Sea Fishing) forum recently, and have taken it from being from a narcissistic place, to somewhere where once more a man can rest without fear of bullying, internal politics, or being shouted down by the ego of the previous moderators. (Mike Thrussell has done a lot of good work there).

(And relax - if WSF is anything to go by, Ad-block will still work just fine)

All I would say to ffsuper - is keep it as it is until you truly understand just why it works the way it is

We're a tight knit community of regulars on here, and for the large part - we have tended to look after our own up until now

To the rest of the forum - I will say this - think what you will, but we could have a lot worse than this happen to us - let's hope that if you give some trust - you get some trust, and I have every faith that VerticalScope is the least of our worries going by their track record ...... ;)

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Hey guys...I'm still here too. With this acquisition, I've moved to Verticalscope now. I'm staying with all the motorcycle forums I've been on the last 5 years or so, including this one. My commitment is to the forum communities. I'm logged in here 24/7, so if you have any problems, questions or concerns, let me know. I don't anticipate any significant visible changes to the community you all know and are comfortable with. You built this place....we just provide it for you...that's not going to change.

As for the "profit" complaint....well, the previous owners were a for profit organization as well, and I worked comfortably with them for around 10 years, as both a volunteer mod and as an employee. They're good people, with a strong interest in the sites they owned and the topics they pertained to. I get the sense that the folks at Verticalscope are the same. So don't freak out. You're not going to suddenly start seeing intrusive popups (so long as you're logged in...just as it's always been). You're not going to see crazy new rules. The only changes will be in the support structure; who I turn to when I can't fix something myself. That part will be basically invisible to you guys on the forum every day.

·
Registered
425 Posts
VerticalScope acquired the WSF (World Sea Fishing) forum recently, and have taken it from being from a narcissistic place, to somewhere where once more a man can rest without fear of bullying, internal politics, or being shouted down by the ego of the previous moderators. (Mike Thrussell has done a lot of good work there).

All I would say to ffsuper - is keep it as it is until you truly understand just why it works the way it is

We're a tight knit community of regulars on here, and for the large part - we have tended to look after our own up until now

To the rest of the forum - I will say this - think what you will, but we could have a lot worse than this happen to us - let's hope that if you give some trust - you get some trust, and I have every faith that VerticalScope is the least of our worries going by their track record ...... ;)
I have left other forums (mainly truck ones) simply because of the A$$h0le factor.

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for the kind words. I have no plans to muck about this place in any way.
-Philip

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Oh, NO!!!! We've been acquired by Canadians! :eek: :protest: :hello:

275px-Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie.jpg

·
Administrator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
Hey ffsuper... ever feel like you are surrounded by 100 toddlers about a half a breath away from throwing one whale of a temper tantrum?
I blame littletommy for that - still think his post count should be re-set to zero :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
I there wasn't a profit motive to this website then who was paying the bills? LOL

I have no problem with profit. Or we can just take fees for membership like other Moto Guzzi forums do and make it a private place.
Given the number of folks online here I'd say private ownership is very doable.

But, don't mess with it if you don't need to.

I see a lot of great stuff on this forum and have been hanging out since I think 2010 with the acquisition of my first TW which was the bike
I fell in love with after buying it in a trade at a dealership. I was told it was an "agricultural bike" which told me they didn't care if they sold them or not.

So, all these years later I'm still keeping a TW in the stable and it's one of the bikes that makes me smile.

With this said,......welcome I think to the new owners and let's have a hearty round of applause for these folks. Now go buy a TW and get out and ride! :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Vertical scope AKA motocycle.com also took ownership of WristTwisters last year .... a CB919 forum that I have been a part of for five or more years.

A few more adds .... and some extra posts linking to random "internet bike" related topics etc .... but all in all no major changes or bad vibes.

VerticalScope.com
Thanks for the thumbs up... I prefer personal experience over rumors.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.