TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve made some changes to my TW over the last year. I’ve added a round headlight, narrowed the turn signals, and added a skid plate, larger foot pegs, and a XT gas tank. I removed the plastic, chain guard and right mirror. I raised the front fender and modified the tail light. But the change I like the best is raising the handlebars and rolling them forward a little in the clamps. For me it changed it from feeling like a scooter to feeling like a motorcycle. Now sometimes it takes me back to 1972 and my Bonneville. Damn I was cool.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
1972 seemed to be a year when everyone was 'cool'. The Bonneville was a nice looking bike, very 'English'. This is my rig, and I sold a 125cc Sachs to put it all together. On this morning I was heading out of Chico, to Boston. Took a couple of months, but it was all I could afford. Though the Sachs was plated, I was not sure I could 'trust' it. Funny what we are willing to do for adventure. Gerry

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That must have been a great adventure. I had a Raleigh 10 speed that I rode to work but never attempted anything like you did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts