TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good posts/topics with write-ups on servicing and changing front and rear brakes with pictures for a 1998?

If so could you link them here, I can't seem to find any in my searches.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
You're right, I don't think there is much info on the front and rear drum brake setup.

Very easy to do. Hardest part is getting the brake cable set correctly.

What do you need to know? I'd be happy to take pictures for you or even a video.

Looks like a lot of stuff in there, but its really simple. Two pads, two springs, a pivot point and thats about it. The fronts have a few other parts but you don't need to mess with them.

First time I did it I knew nothing and it was pretty simple. Let us know if you need some help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How easily does the speedo cable come out? I removed the little clip before pulling it out but it just won't come out?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpfJrRL-Tw[/media]

Here you go. Took a little longer to upload than I thought. My brother actually posted it for me.

Disclaimer-This is my first "how to video" so please be kind. I know there is more than one way to do brakes so if you have a different way let us know.

Total raw video was 38 minutes. That included a couple "re-takes", dropped tools, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the video. I had to replace the front brakes and totally remove the cable off of the bottom drum because my brakes were way out of wack. So now, how far do I screw the bottom two nuts up the bolt on the drum for a starting point. I know that you can also adjust the brakes using the bolt/jam nut on the perch but where/how should a guy start?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Excellent video, Rainman. It was thorough and well presented. Since it's helpful for a lot of people to see it done, you really should create another thread and plug that video into it so it can be stickied. This thread would work but it specifies for a 1998. I would also like to see your directions for removing the swingarm and changing out the chain slider put where it can easily be found. That was also very well done. Thanks for sharing your expertise. You're a great wrench and videographer as well as TW racer!

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Great job Rainman. I edited out some of the off topic stuff and stickied it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.