·
Super Moderator
18,169 Posts
Always enjoy your Video's. This one's way too short though...!!! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
You didn’t ask for advise but I’m pretty dense so I’ll give it anyway.:p

Start each vid with a brief intro, what are we going to see and why should we stay tuned.

Learn voice over and use it along with short text updates. Tell us what you are experiencing. “Bring me with you”

Do a quick “out brief” or what can we expect next time.

What are you selling? (It doesn’t need to be an item) Knowledge, experience, a feeling, freedom, nostalgia. But know what it is and focus on that.

I am not a videographer or even close, but I spend countless hours on YouTube and even some videos with excellent camera work won’t keep me watching. It’s an interaction with the host...YOU

I watched all your videos. The shots and scenery are most excellent, and there is no question on your riding skill.

Signed, a guy that watches too much YouTube.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You didn’t ask for advise but I’m pretty dense so I’ll give it anyway.:p

Start each vid with a brief intro, what are we going to see and why should we stay tuned.

Learn voice over and use it along with short text updates. Tell us what you are experiencing. “Bring me with you”

Do a quick “out brief” or what can we expect next time.

What are you selling? (It doesn’t need to be an item) Knowledge, experience, a feeling, freedom, nostalgia. But know what it is and focus on that.

I am not a videographer or even close, but I spend countless hours on YouTube and even some videos with excellent camera work won’t keep me watching. It’s an interaction with the host...YOU

I watched all your videos. The shots and scenery are most excellent, and there is no question on your riding skill.

Signed, a guy that watches too much YouTube.
While I do appreciate the honest criticism, my SJ cam makes me sound like Kenny from South Park and I don't have a microphone for my PC. Sometimes I like narrations and other times they can be annoying so it's never been a priority for me.

Since I'm not monetising my youtube channel I'm sharing my attempts to push more enduro out of the TW then most expect from it. Maybe I should share that somewhere on my page or video descriptions.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Hahaha... Your voice could be the hook to bring people in.

I keed, I keed....

I do agree on the under appreciation of the TW as an eduro. As long as you aren't in a hurry, it will get you where you want to go.

I still subscribed to you channel and am showing your vids to my daughter. You may not be taking the angle of "Women can ride hard too" but there are so few role models for young women that when I find one I send it to her.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been into freestyle sports my whole life so I tend to take the female role model part for granted as living by example. Not only can girls ride hard but so can middle age women! hehe. I'm in my mid forties so it's not often I see any women older then me riding dirt bikes on the trails....but here's one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts