TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there is a little history to some of the places I've ridden the TW. Here is devil's Playground Cave in 1932.

And here Betty Boop explores the "cave" at around the 2 minute mark some 80 years later.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Interesting history Fred. Did you know about the movie making history when you rode there? We'll have to rename you to Hop-along Fred. :p

·
Registered
514 Posts
We have camped at the little campground, Tuttle Creek a couple of times. The Alabama Hills are about a mile away. Mt. Whitney portal is about 4 miles and the Golden Trout wilderness trail is about 8 mi away....Boon Docking camping is easy too. There is a museum in Lone Pine that presents the movie making and the uniqueness of the area.

Jim

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little did I know how much fun my cat and I could have in Lone Ranger Canyon. alabama rosie.jpg

All my critters like the Alabama Hills and want to be in the movies too. Now where is that Lone Ranger dude? alabama pets.jpg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Thanks Fred I enjoyed your educational videos. Keep them coming. :D

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It might be a very good destination for you and the drone. With a little advance notification you might be able to coax other TW folks into meeting and riding with you there. It is a magical place with lots of easy riding. Can zoom up above 10,000 to visit Whitney Portal, Golden Trout Wilderness traiheads, Bristlecone pines or head into Death Valley once bored with Alabama Hills proper.
It takes a while to get bored though. Fun place to wander around under full or bright moonlight, either on foot or asrtide the bike.

270 Posts
It might be a very good destination for you and the drone. With a little advance notification you might be able to coax other TW folks into meeting and riding with you there. It is a magical place with lots of easy riding. Can zoom up above 10,000 to visit Whitney Portal, Golden Trout Wilderness traiheads, Bristlecone pines or head into Death Valley once bored with Alabama Hills proper.
It takes a while to get bored though. Fun place to wander around under full or bright moonlight, either on foot or asrtide the bike.
It looks absolutely gorgeous, no doubt about that! Only about 3hr 45min from me as well. I have camped in the Scodie Mountains but I didn't own the Tdub back then. I would love to meet some fellow TW's out there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts