TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our first ride of the year in Owyhee Front since the mountain trails are still snowed in. In the TW200 forum, there was a member "Lizrdbrth" (Russ) who was extremely knowledgeable and helpful to others regarding the TW200. Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago at a way too young of an age. Another forum member started a "Traveling Trophy" in honor of Lizrdbrth. Today, on this ride, the Traveling Trophy was passed onto Oldworld124 (right in photo). In the near future, the Traveling Trophy will be passed on to the next recipient. It's a cool thing to honor one of our distinguished TW200 family members.

This video is from this ride organized by Oldworld124:

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing like the sound of high performance engines screaming their guts out.:D
Better you hear the screaming from the high-performance TW engine than me screaming my guts out coming over a rise in the trail.

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you guys film your rides? GoPro with chin mounts?
I use 2 different camera's. One is a Sony FDR X3000 and is mounted on my right cheek as shown below.
My newest camera is a CamPark V30. It looks sort of like the old GoPro's. I actually call it a FakePro.
It's mounted front helmet chin spot below vision with a strap mount.
The Sony cost around $300 and has excellent stabilization. The CamPark V30 has a similar gyroscope type stabilization as the Sony but only costs about $75 and does just about as good.

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
972 Posts
I use 2 different camera's. One is a Sony FDR X3000 and is mounted on my right cheek as shown below.
My newest camera is a CamPark V30. It looks sort of like the old GoPro's. I actually call it a FakePro.
It's mounted front helmet chin spot below vision with a strap mount.
The Sony cost around $300 and has excellent stabilization. The CamPark V30 has a similar gyroscope type stabilization as the Sony but only costs about $75 and does just about as good.

View attachment 213638
Cool, i have a helmet cam/Bluetooth/comms but it catches a lot of vibration when I was just riding streets. I'll check those out, thanks, Admiral.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Admiral, great video. I shouldn't have watched it because now I really need to figure out when I can join up with another group ride. And nice job attacking those berms.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It was another great ride. The steepness of the hills never really translate, no matter how good the camera(man) is.

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are more than welcome to join any ride with us that fits your schedule. With work, schoolie, and busy I’m guessing family life, riding time is at a premium. One day I hope to ride and explore the Cornacopia area. Maybe this year who knows.

Reactions: oldworld 124

·
Registered
588 Posts
You are more than welcome to join any ride with us that fits your schedule. With work, schoolie, and busy I’m guessing family life, riding time is at a premium. One day I hope to ride and explore the Cornacopia area. Maybe this year who knows.
Yes, very busy, but watching your video helped me remember that I need to have some fun too. I've only briefly passed through the Cornacopia area once. I would totally be on board for riding and camping in the area.
Are there any plans on the forum for another NE Oregon gathering like we did at the Frasure area over by Ukiah?

·
Super Moderator
14,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are there any plans on the forum for another NE Oregon gathering like we did at the Frasure area over by Ukiah?
I haven't heard any discussions about going to the Frasure area but it would be fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts