TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was thumbing through the newspaper this afternoon and saw that Menard's has 1500lbs hydraulic motorcycle lifts on sale for $69.99 this week. I know it's not the best in the world, but it's little more than the price of a swing-arm stand and is more useful. Anyhow, I picked one up for myself since Harbour Freight screwed up my swing arm stand order and needed an easy way to lift my TW for when I perform the work I am doing on it this Spring.

well, anyhow, I just thought I'd give you all a head's up in case you are looking.

Dan

·
Registered
102 Posts
yup.. works great. i picked one up around dec of 2009.

but beware lifting the tw all the way to the hydro-lifters maximum height. it will fully let the swing arm down and bend the metal break line! happend to me and had to face a whole sworm of issues including a constantly locked rear wheel and uncordination of the break light. its not really a hard fix but it is definatley a unnessisary one!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I guess disconnecting the rear brake before doing work on the rear wheel, such as chain replacement or tire replacement would probably be a good idea.

Dan

·
Registered
30 Posts
that a pretty niced one.how much you sell the olded one four? i pretty much uses 5 gallen buckets too put mind on wen i rebild the moters or too go fishing bye the rivers bye mine house.

fontintown firmarshel,

tenny

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Have the same jack for about 4 years now. Works great, has some nice tabs to attach pull down straps once you get it lifted so you don't pivot your bike off the jack.

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts