TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Rack looks OK for medium duty however have no experience. Certainly worlds better than oem load plate but since attaches primarily to the sub frame its ultimate load carrying capability is limited. I would not load it up for camping on the trails but would hot hesitate to haul home purchases.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
788 Posts
I purchased two of these - one for each of my 2013's. They are sturdy and work great and look really good installed. There were a couple of blemishes in the paint, but otherwise fine. I was able to get them for under $65 each.
Fred's advice is good.
Somewhere, I have pictures of them installed, so let me know if you need to see them and I'll dig 'em up.

Reactions: Ken and XVS650

·
Registered
165 Posts
They're great for light/medium duty use! That looks like the factory Yamaha rack, no?

IMO.....20-25lbs max due to the less than stellar sub-frame.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
788 Posts
They're great for light/medium duty use! That looks like the factory Yamaha rack, no?

IMO.....20-25lbs max due to the less than stellar sub-frame.
The factory rack looks different. It is a little wider and has an upsweep at the back. These are aftermarket.

·
Registered
31 Posts
After having a Cycleracks rear rack on my 2017 (which I no longer own) that's the one I would get again.

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll message you - but I suspect the shipping to Canada will be crazy. Part of the reason that rack is so cheap is that the price includes free shipping from China.

·
Registered
165 Posts
^ I actually like that!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That Amazon rack: in the ad they say it only fits '1987-2008', and won't fit a later bike.
--
Question:Will this fit a 2019 TW 200?
Answer:No
By BHYShop SELLER on June 28, 2019
--
That doesn't sound accurate to me...

·
Registered
788 Posts
It absolutely will fit a 2019. The bike in the pictures I posted is a 2013, and there hasn't been a change to the TW200 since then.

·
Registered
788 Posts
About the Nomadic Rack: It appears the rear mount of the Nomadic rack connects directly to the existing fender and subframe, which would require you to remove the OEM pad that mounts to the top of the fender. That pad has only one screw in that location, and the Nomadic Rack uses two. Not sure if it will require new holes to be drilled through the fender, or not. I'd check that out, prior to ordering. Seems a little funky.

·
Registered
788 Posts
...the aftermarket rack you're considering requires no modification, and installs in a few minutes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I decided to order it. The Amazon page warned me before purchasing that delivery is expected in September...

·
Registered
788 Posts
(y) ...let us know...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The rack I ordered on July 15 arrived last night! I will be working on installing it as soon as I get home from work....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well... :(

I received the rack from Amazon a few days ago, and spent about 90 minutes the first night trying to get it bolted on. The rack isn't quite machined to the right dimensions, so it's somewhat possible to get 3 of the 4 mounts lined, but the 4th is always a problem. So after messing around with it and trying several times, including bending the rack slightly, I finally got all four holes lined up... but the hole that is drilled in it for the left rear turn-signal mount is a couple of millimeters smaller than it needs to be, so I borrowed a drill to widen up that hole.

Last night I tried again, but I have to write that this cargo rack doesn't fit my TW200. imlost told me his fit fine, but on my bike the rack I received is just not quite the right dimensions to line up the bolt holes. I struggled mightily with fitting it last night for another 90 minutes, and finally gave up in exasperation.

Now I'll have to figure out how to return it to the seller in China. I guess that's a lesson earned - when something is a third the price of the official, there's probably a reason why...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts