1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
Rack looks OK for medium duty however have no experience. Certainly worlds better than oem load plate but since attaches primarily to the sub frame its ultimate load carrying capability is limited. I would not load it up for camping on the trails but would hot hesitate to haul home purchases.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I purchased two of these - one for each of my 2013's. They are sturdy and work great and look really good installed. There were a couple of blemishes in the paint, but otherwise fine. I was able to get them for under $65 each.
Fred's advice is good.
Somewhere, I have pictures of them installed, so let me know if you need to see them and I'll dig 'em up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They're great for light/medium duty use! That looks like the factory Yamaha rack, no?

IMO.....20-25lbs max due to the less than stellar sub-frame.

·
Registered
485 Posts
They're great for light/medium duty use! That looks like the factory Yamaha rack, no?

IMO.....20-25lbs max due to the less than stellar sub-frame.
The factory rack looks different. It is a little wider and has an upsweep at the back. These are aftermarket.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll message you - but I suspect the shipping to Canada will be crazy. Part of the reason that rack is so cheap is that the price includes free shipping from China.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That Amazon rack: in the ad they say it only fits '1987-2008', and won't fit a later bike.
--
Question:Will this fit a 2019 TW 200?
Answer:No
By BHYShop SELLER on June 28, 2019
--
That doesn't sound accurate to me...

·
Registered
485 Posts
It absolutely will fit a 2019. The bike in the pictures I posted is a 2013, and there hasn't been a change to the TW200 since then.

·
Registered
485 Posts
About the Nomadic Rack: It appears the rear mount of the Nomadic rack connects directly to the existing fender and subframe, which would require you to remove the OEM pad that mounts to the top of the fender. That pad has only one screw in that location, and the Nomadic Rack uses two. Not sure if it will require new holes to be drilled through the fender, or not. I'd check that out, prior to ordering. Seems a little funky.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts