TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
I like the SR400, my 78 SR500 is almost identical, and the Vanvan is pretty cool too, I don't know about the fuel injection though. It may be too complex if something goes wrong out in the middle of nowhere.

Registered
I would love to do a comparison test ride between the Kawasaki Versys 300 and Honda CB500X.

Registered
Those BMWs and KTMs will kill off the TW200, they are practically the same price.

From what I understand is the only reason Yamaha is still exporting the TW to the US is because it is grandfathered in for emissions standards. If they change one thing (engine wise) then they lose grandfathered exception and would have no sub 200cc street offering for the US (apparently air cooled single cylinder engines are too difficult to meet US emissions which are set too strict, because the rings distort, I don't know the deal with the XT250)....The problem is that Yamaha didn't grandfather the price, the TW is a pure profit entry bike with R and D and tooling long ago paid off.
With 390 KTM's and 300cc Beemers selling at the same price, how many more people are going to dump 4 1/2 grand into 1980's designed TW200?

Registered
Two thumbs up for the Kawasaki Versus 300X for a very practical all around bike. Two thumbs up for the KTM 390 duke for the twisties.

Registered
If the Versys 300X has enough room, I may get one or three. Since I have a NC700X already, a bike that's a hundred pounds lighter would be nice in the rougher stuff. Besides, I have two boys that need rides.
The Honda 500X was too cramped for my old bones. I find the older I get, the more I like less weight. The SR is just cool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts