1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not following Z. I know they make a TU250...in fact I hope to get one in a week or two. I was referring to the barkbusters, which in the application chart below on the page shows a model for the TW. I'm a bark buster fan. These are more beefy than mine. Mine mount back to the bars inboard. These mount to the handlebar clamps with a strong mount.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I like how these have the extra bar on top of the triple-tree to hook up to. They don't have clamps that take up room on the bars themselves.

Designed for training bikes, eh? Might just hold up to normal TW use then. ;)

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt they add that much width really. I ride the Michigan Cycle Conservation Club rides, so I am familiar with Michigan trails, and they look doable to me.

BTW, it will be back in Atlanta next year. Two years ago it was over by Wellston.

May 2/3 Rites of Spring XXVII Trail Tour and CCC Annual Meeting.
Trail, DS, ATV, ST • Sponsored by the Capitol Chapter.
Atlanta

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
Those Barkbuster training hand guards would make killer towel and gear drying racks for the adventure touring crowd after a long day on the trail. Also good tie down for a minimalist lean-to tarp tent's peak.

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
Multipurpose gear saves weight and makes for fewer things to pack. I was only half joking about the towel drying rack but why not let the bike hold up one end of a bivy shelter? With a little creativity a TW can be the Swiss Army knife of trail bikes.

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
That would work quite well. A bit big and heavy but bomb-proof deluxe accommodations. In fair weather without creepy crawlies a minimalist could just go with inflatable Thermorest style mattress and a re-sourced nylon tent fly. Just getting out of the sun at times is priceless, there isn't always a bush or rock ledge to crawl under at break time and TW casts only small pool of comfort at mid-day. I may dig out my old Crazy Creek chair for the upcoming Moab trip, it has multiple uses also...overhead for rain and shade, below as a seat for wet or rough, sleep pad, splint,etc. Just need to remove thorns from last usage.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty spendy I admit, but this is the hands-down most bomber one man tent I have ever used. Originally made by Bibler. Packs crazy small. In a snowstorm on a mountain you can just climb inside the tent with your headlamp and erect the tent from inside...should of course tie it down. It's billed as a two man tent, but it's a tight fit. One man and gear it's perfect.

OMCgear - Black Diamond I-Tent - Free Shipping Available

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
Wasn't putting down the Dingo swag, darn spacious compared to american bivys which while light and compact lack the pad and are condensation magnets.
Black Diamond really makes some quality gear for you mountaineering types.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts