TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just wanted to share something a TW-riding friend and I noticed about our TW's. On our two bikes (which are ridden probably 80% off-road) both seem to suffer from from loose kickstand syndrome. Basically the large nut (17mm?) which holds the kickstand in-place seems to work it's way loose. My friend noticed that his was loose on his TW with ~1,200 miles on it, then noticed mine (with 6,500 miles on it) was also quite loose (in fact it seemed it was close to falling-out!) So check that bolt guys (and maybe add a drop of blue Loctite if you're so inclined). Just a word to the wise!!!

Kevin

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for the tip
. Mine was loose as well. (3800 miles)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just a mild hijack of thread. Its a good idea to go over the entire beast about once per month to look for bolts, nuts, and screws that are loose or missing. In the first week I had my bike, I tried to loose my license bracket, sometime in the first year my helmet lock went completely missing -- it was then that I invested in some loctite and began my regular preventive tightening/checking. Nothing has gone astray in the last 5,000 miles. Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts