TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I have lurked enough so its time for me to check in and say howdy.

So... Howdy.

Purchased an 88' which was bone stock from a farmer. Put on new bars, skid plate, and more...

Tons of great info on this site, so thank you !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome. Nice looking bike. I've had several and currently have a 1987 which I admire greatly..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking TW!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Beer can....LOL, Welcome. You will have hours and hours of fun on your bike!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, this weekend I did a little work on the T-Dub.

Installed a New front sprocket. Need a new rear, then I will install the new chain also.

Picture of the OLD Sprocket:

Also decided to replace the bolts to allen...

Next, I went ahead and put on the new KENDA K270 5.10

And lastly, I installed the Stainless TTR225 (2004) Exhaust header

I love this little bugger !

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Love the color scheme! If you dont believe me, take a look at my 87'TW bw80

If I ever run across one of those 88' tdubs... IT WILL BE MINE!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, finally got my new rear tire. Decided to dismount the old tire today and mount up the new one.

Whew... getting off the old one was "fun"... um not really. I had to drive my truck over the tire and then hit it with a rubber dead-blow hammer to get it OFF the bead.

Once off though, everything went on nice and smooth. I also put in a new tube for good measure.

As you all know I already replaced my front sprocket. Got the rear on today too and now it is time for the new chain.

YAY !

-Val-

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Well, finally got my new rear tire. Decided to dismount the old tire today and mount up the new one.

Whew... getting off the old one was "fun"... um not really. I had to drive my truck over the tire and then hit it with a rubber dead-blow hammer to get it OFF the bead.

Once off though, everything went on nice and smooth. I also put in a new tube for good measure.

As you all know I already replaced my front sprocket. Got the rear on today too and now it is time for the new chain.

YAY !

-Val-

I had the same experience when I replaced my rear tire. That sucker was on there! I'm sure the rear tire could run at 0 PSI and still be fine because its so stiff! I used a car jack against a bumper which didn't work, then I used a 6 ft. long 2x4 against a running board and it finally worked. I thought I was going to flip my pickup over before that darn bead came off!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Black Widow Edition!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used a car jack against a bumper which didn't work, then I used a 6 ft. long 2x4 against a running board and it finally worked. I thought I was going to flip my pickup over before that darn bead came off!

HAHA Love it !

What PSI should I run this TW34 tire at (on the street)?

Thanks guys !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts