TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are going to be in the Tellico area around the 14TH. I know there are trails in the area but I'd like a local viewpoint on some of the better ones.Something with waterfalls or views without being an all day slog would be nice. B.T.W. we are flatlanders so no black diamonds please.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
They're mostly steep, and it's snowing in TN today. I wish you the best of luck, and if you get a little more this way, feel free to drop by.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If your looking for one off the Cherohala skyway then I would recommend Falls Branch Falls trail #87. Its a good waterfall hike that is short and you usually have it to yourself. If your looking for views then about the best one is at Whigg meadow off the skyway. It has incredible views and makes a great place for a picnic. You can hike to it from the skyway but it is easier to just drive to it.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's again. Looks like our plans may change as we just found out our A-liner has been stolen! Worst part is a lot of our gear was in it. So if you see one in white with gold/red graphic and a Florida tag on it along with Good Sam,American flag and a Bicycle club stickers on it call the cops!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thank's again. Looks like our plans may change as we just found out our A-liner has been stolen! Worst part is a lot of our gear was in it. So if you see one in white with gold/red graphic and a Florida tag on it along with Good Sam,American flag and a Bicycle club stickers on it call the cops!

Man, that really is a shame. Was it located up here or down there? I hope it can be recovered. You might like it better up here in the next couple months anyhow. There's a couple good ADV events right around the TN/NC line later on.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A.Q. It was taken from our place in Riceville, Tennessee we think over this past weekend. The Police officer recovered a large hammer and what was left of the very strong lock. At least they did not try to break into the workshop. Not much in there but still having to repair a broken window or door is not something I'd like to do. We are still planning to be there but may end up staying in a Hotel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts