TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
To see what I am working on, google "Import Muscle". I am going down a well beaten path here....I am about 90% complete with primarily the wiring harness as my last major hurdle. I also have to figure out the intake plumbing and complete various details including heat shielding parts of the exhaust, battery placement, and radiator hoses.... I only work on this project when I feel like it and it has been on the back burner for awhile now.

As far the LS engines for swaps....they are awesome compact and powerful. I am a big fan of these engines.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am big into Subaru engine swaps and conversion and building standalone harness's and merger harness's etc.

That said I did get a LQ4 6.0L iron block truck engine last summer on trade it was 100% complete with the drive by wire pedal assembly and all the harness, sensors, accessories and wiring.

I built a standalone harness/fuse block using the factory ecu, had the ecu cracked in HPtuners by a friend ... and had it running perfectly on a engine stand in my garage. I have a old first gen S10 squrebody that I plan on LS swapping & boosting in the future.

I ended up selling the swap to another friend and he installed it into a two door Nissan G35 backed by a 4L80E.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am contemplating putting an LS engine in a '77 Chevy K10. It has a 4 speed w/granny first, 3.73 gears, 33" tires, and plans for a Gear Vendor overdrive. I live in Calif. and have to be careful what I do as I could end up with something the smog people won't accept.

The other option is re-ringing the 350 engine in it now, or a crate replacement.

The E-ROD swap is Calif. compliant though a little on the pricey side.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Any questions on that part just fire away.

What are you planning to run for a trans? What about the engine management side?
The harness is the part I have little confidence or experience with...It will use the Honda ECM to control the digital dash and the electric power steering with input from the LS1 harness....I need to get the LS ECM reflashed to eliminate the VATS (anti theft) and turn off the second set of oxygen sensors. I also need to either send the harness out to be stripped/stand alone or attempt it myself. Never done one before, a little nervous here and some avoidance going on here!

I am using the T56 six speed along with a custom drive shaft, custom half shafts and hubs, and a 2010 Camaro SS differential.

I appreciate your offer to help! I may/will have a few questions for sure as I learn more and get up to speed!

·
Registered
379 Posts
The harness is the part I have little confidence or experience with...It will use the Honda ECM to control the digital dash and the electric power steering with input from the LS1 harness....I need to get the LS ECM reflashed to eliminate the VATS (anti theft) and turn off the second set of oxygen sensors. I also need to either send the harness out to be stripped/stand alone or attempt it myself. Never done one before, a little nervous here and some avoidance going on here!

I am using the T56 six speed along with a custom drive shaft, custom half shafts and hubs, and a 2010 Camaro SS differential.

I appreciate your offer to help! I may/will have a few questions for sure as I learn more and get up to speed!
That things going to be a animal.

Is the S2000 can-bus ... what year is the car?

What intake manifold are you running?

Cable or drive by wire throttle body?

What's your ecu and harness out of?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
That things going to be a animal.

Is the S2000 can-bus ... what year is the car?

What intake manifold are you running?

Cable or drive by wire throttle body?

What's your ecu and harness out of?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The LS1 and transmission are out of a 2001 or 2002 trans am, so LS6 intake stock, cable throttle body, harness and ECM out of the same car....about as simple as they come...

·
Registered
379 Posts
The LS1 and transmission are out of a 2001 or 2002 trans am, so LS6 intake stock, cable throttle body, harness and ECM out of the same car....about as simple as they come...
Nice that should be pretty straight forward. Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions regarding the harness and wiring.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice that should be pretty straight forward. Shoot me a PM if you have any specific questions regarding the harness and wiring.
Thanks for the offer, I can really use the help and encouragement on this step of the swap. I have been procrastinating on the harness for too long....Expect some questions as I proceed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts