TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol

I posted my new Tdub on another forum that I frequent - happens to be a gun forum where I'm a mod. Most of the guys were like - congrats!, cool, enjoy, etc. but one had to tell me that his sister has this bike. I figured that I'd get some of that. Not that I give a rats behind what that guy thinks :) He's a bit of a troll anyway.

I know what the TW is and what it is not - I didn't get a Harley or a 650 for a reason. The TW does exactly what I want it to.

I did get a lot of looks in town yesterday when I drove in. This is a small Miss town of around 5000 souls. We don't see many TW's around here! While at the hardware store (getting some bolts to put the license plate on!) I struck up a conversation with an old guy - he was actually pretty cool about it - thought the 78MPG was great. A lot of these sorts are pretty frugal types and appreciate minimalism - they drive their old trucks into the ground.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Yeah, my 1991 Dub has a Chick look with the purple tank and white plastics but ask me if I care! I could easily change her dress and make her in to a manly looking bad ass machine but that won't change what she can do.

I get favorable looks from old ladies, young guys, pretty girls and even from some who might be gay. It is a bike they all could easily ride. I doubt many die hard Motoxers would have much use for it but it can do just fine off road as well as on.

GaryL

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
"Chick bike" is the default of the Koolaid drinkers, always has been.

Tell him to meet you in the woods on his "Manly bike", if in fact he even owns one.

Love your handle, BTW.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rukus - lol.

And no, that guy didn't mention owning a bike of his own... but like I said, he's kind of a troll.

·
Registered
736 Posts
thats funny cus around here I see some guys riding little scooters...like the chinese 100cc kind. Not even a good quality model. TW is way more bike than that

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it's a chick bike.

Looks very manly in fact. Big fat tires and all. Yeah. :)

I couldn't do the scooter thing - just to metro for me.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
When the powers at Yamaha make decisions about the Model Year colors there have been a few years when there wasn't much testosterone in the room.

GaryL

Reactions: frog13 and Dubzha

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what Krylon flat camo paint is for lol

Reactions: Dubzha

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah, there are a lot of macho insecure assholes out there, but honestly, I have gotten more positive props than negative comments. I think some people think if the bike is physically small or has a small engine that it is a chick bike or whatever. But imo, I don't need to have a massive horse to feel cool, nor do I need to go 90mph in 3rd gear to enjoy myself.

Bart

·
Registered
765 Posts
Next riding season I plan on making a TW video to stop all of the "Chick Bike" nonsense. Once I add the rear shock spring from pro cycle it will be ready for the trails >:D

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Just like I said above, the only thing "Chick" looking about the TW is some of the hair brained colors they dress them in. That can easily be fixed with a few cans of Camo paint or even just some flat black to turn it in to a BadAss machine. Just like Bucknutz wants to put on a sticker "Don't follow me, You won't make it"!

GaryL

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
ever since i was 10 and got my butt kicked by a girl in a race.... i've had ample opportunities to realize there's plenty of "chicks" that can do anything can i do, only better.

call my bike a chick bike, i'll ride it with pride.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'd be totally cool with it being a chick bike through and through. Then, perhaps some would want to ride on it with me, which I'll take over impressing some basement dweller any day.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Chick bike....OMG....most of the super rider,macho,mach 1 types have confidence issues. These are the same goons that would laugh at a WWII era Wiley's Jeep because it does not have a rear locker (per se) and 31" tires and 300HP,and,and,and. Blah!,the TW200 will go places other bikes,let alone most riders will attempt to go. Almost forgot,did anyone mention hauling capacity!. Anyway,enjoy one of the most,best kept secrets in motorcycling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts