TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Can you imagine if it was TW's? Every forum member would be waist deep digging for parts... :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not very resourceful are they?
I see steel, plastic, other components that need to be recycled.

The engines were most likely robbed.

Reactions: renny10n

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can you imagine if it was TW's? Every forum member would be waist deep digging for parts... :p
Yeah baby, I'll be in there looking for the early ones, going for the kick starters. I think you guys would have to wait in line till I was done. Cause I think the Chinese big dogs would give me first cracks at the heep, due to the fact I'm 1/4 chinese:confused::confused::cool::rolleyes: yeah right, Lol!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the quote I enjoyed the most, from under the last photo: "Rewarded: Almost 18,000 vehicles have been detained just within 11 days with police officers rewarded for every seizure they make."

By the end of the month, those piles will be a lot higher, and many officers will have been promoted and/or a little richer.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
There's a 20,000 usd 'luxury tax' on any motorcycle over 150cc in China. So if you're ever in China and see someone on a big bike [has the TW ever been called a big bike before?], you can bet he's fairly well off.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Based on my experience with most of the Chinese bikes I have seen that is a very fitting place for them. Junk, mostly but I am sure they do make a few good ones that will not end up there.

Watching American Pickers show last night and was drooling for a bit. They found an old BSA, Triumph, Norton and Royal Enfield dealer somewhere with a ton of very old NOS parts like brand new tanks, bars, fenders, seats plus buildings full of old bikes in various conditions. The shop has been closed for a long time now but everything is still there and we sure could make some very sweet classics from the stuff this guy is hoarding. The Picker guys are big on vintage Harley's and Indians but usually pass on the English bikes unless they find a diamond in the barn. I could spend weeks picking through this guys shop and out buildings and make a small fortune.

GaryL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts