TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'll make an attempt for a review off the top of my head.
The Clarke after market plastic tank for the TW 200 only increases the volume to 2.8 gallons
The Clarke tank for the xt350 is larger and relatively easy to adapt - somewhere around 4.0 gallons.
The stock tank for the xt350 is larger (3.14 gallons) and easy to adapt.
The stock tank for the xt225 is larger and has been adapted successfully. 2.3 gallons
The Clarke tank for the xt225 is also an option. 4.1 gallons
The xt 500 tank has been installed on the TW200 and is nearly identical to the xt350. But be careful the older bikes had a completely different tank that is longer and not suitable. Its probably about 3.14
Rather than guess at the gallons for each of these I'll finish this message and look them up or hope that someone will provide them before I edit the post. Posts exist for facilitating installation of nearly all of these tank (here on the forum).
Suerte. Si tiene preguntas, estamos aqui para servirle. Tomas
A quick search shows that the xr650 L tank has been used at 5.8 gallons; and the xt500 tank was only suitable in later models that had a 3.17 gallon capacity.
You can check years that have the same tank by doing searches on Bikeez. If too tanks from year to year have the same capacity you can probably figure that Yamaha did not change them.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i spent a almost week in valencia for las fallas 1991. camped out on the beach... wow, what fun!

i have an oem xt225, adds 1/2 a gallon and looks really good. easy to fit, check out the link in my signature.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey there joeband, do you have direct links to the installation pictures for an XT225 tank ?

I have one coming my way very soon (I hope) and would certainly appreciate a bit of a mounting guide.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
the link in my signature goes to the thread, but as you found, many of the pics were lost to the Eff-U-bucket fiasco.

it's really an easy fit. cut 1/4" off each mounting post and grind the rubber pucks down enough to fit. i just rubbed them against the concrete until i could slide them in place. some people's seats seem to match up better. W-23 figured out fitting a few fender washers under the mounting bracket can help level it out.

it's not the biggest tank, but i think it's one of the best looking swaps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I figure I might revive this thread. My '87 tank has a huge dent from falling on its transport trailer. The choice is to see if it can be straightened or go with the Clarke? All the negative comments on the Clarke have me nervous. The bike can go farther than I can it one day so capacity is not an issue. My ultimate goal is just to keep this as simple and inexpensive as possible. Please advise.

Also all the fuel lines and overflows have turned to mush. Factory replacements seem unduly expensive. Suggestions?

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I figure I might revive this thread. My '87 tank has a huge dent from falling on its transport trailer. The choice is to see if it can be straightened or go with the Clarke? All the negative comments on the Clarke have me nervous. The bike can go farther than I can it one day so capacity is not an issue. My ultimate goal is just to keep this as simple and inexpensive as possible. Please advise.

Also all the fuel lines and overflows have turned to mush. Factory replacements seem unduly expensive. Suggestions?
Hi Big Tub, and welcome to the forum!

If you are not particular about the tank's colors, used ones are generally pretty available for reasonable prices. I have the Clarke tank (natural color) and am very happy with it. I have never heard of anyone buying a factory replacement tank. Regarding the fuel line, I would just stop at your local auto parts store or hardware store and buy a foot of fuel line (or just ask for a 6" sample so you can check the fit, as that is about all that you will need). Same for the vent lines, just get some cheap tubing that is the right size since the material is not too critical.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts