TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The black pull knob on the choke fell off and I guess it is now stripped because it will not stay on the carb. From the parts fiche it looks like you have to replace the entire "starter plunger" to get the knob. Any ideas? Is there a glue or some other option that may be strong enough to hold it on the shaft long term?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Drill and roll pin.
you're too funny-

let see:

get the drill = 1 minute

get the extension cord = 1 minute

remove the part off the carb. = 1 minute

find a drill bit small enough to drill plunger shaft = 15 minute

dont have a bit, goto hardware store, buy tiny bit, = 60 minutes

break tiny bit = 1 second

goto hardware store, buy 2nd tiny bit, = 50 minutes

finish drilling carfully = 5 minutes

dont have rollpin = 15 minute

goto hardware store,cant find small rollpin = 60 minute

take demarko's advice, epoxy the plunger cap on < 1 minute

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Whatever. I have tiny enough drill bits and roll pins. I know where they are. Gorilla snot is for gorillas.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Cmon QWERTY- just trying to keep things fun and lively. Chances are if the O.P. has to ask how to fix this he probably doesnt have the tool and parts to fix it.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I had the same problem. I am also a BIG fan of JB weld as it has always worked "great" for me. My choke knob has remained in place ever since the 'weld'. In my opinion, a 'great product'. I also carry the JB putty in my bikes tool kit. Gerry

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I'm an American male. I play with power tools every chance I get. Maybe if you guys tried playing with your tools you wouldn't be so cranky.

If Tdub chucks her knob, I'll probably make a new one out of a shell casing or something just for fun. I had a '70 Maverick with all the knobs made of shell casings, a '64 Chevy II with all the knobs made from bullets, and a '63 Impala with all the knobs made from stone points, knives, scrapers, and axe heads, and the steering wheel made of bones.

I've carried J-B Weld just in case for 40 years and never used it on my own stuff. I've passed it on to others several times and it has saved the day.

Did you know J-B Weld is owned and managed by women?

You could just toss the knob and clamp some small Vice-Grips on the shaft.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm an American male. I play with power tools every chance I get. Maybe if you guys tried playing with your tools you wouldn't be so cranky.

If Tdub chucks her knob, I'll probably make a new one out of a shell casing or something just for fun. I had a '70 Maverick with all the knobs made of shell casings, a '64 Chevy II with all the knobs made from bullets, and a '63 Impala with all the knobs made from stone points, knives, scrapers, and axe heads, and the steering wheel made of bones.

I've carried J-B Weld just in case for 40 years and never used it on my own stuff. I've passed it on to others several times and it has saved the day.

Did you know J-B Weld is owned and managed by women?

You could just toss the knob and clamp some small Vice-Grips on the shaft.

<hmmmm> Re-thinking my bike theme here... all white with those chrome skulls instead of every knob and do-dad I can replace.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts