TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-weisser/browning-1911-pistols_b_8681580.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592&ref=yfp

:D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Merry Christmas to you too LT. Been waiting for a couple of years to see this come through. Probably another year or more before the pistols are actually released to the DCM/CMP for sales to the common folk. Most of these pistols were in unit arsenals up to about 1986 or so. All were manufactured before 1946. I would bet that all have been refurbished/arsenal rebuilt at sometime throughout their lives but it is nice to hope that there are a couple of pristine, all original pistols that might surface.

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Gooberment will probably take all our guns in the next couple years anyway or at least try too, so these may well never materialize. We'll see.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
How does one find and acquire one of these lead lobbers? And at what price? The hear the 1911 can be a fine hip pocket howitzer with a little work.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
Thanks for the link. I think I'ld rather get an M-1 come to think of it. Some guns and some shooters mesh rather well, for me a borrowed Garand just felt right.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I got a couple of them from the then DCM back in the eighties for $164 each. One was very VERY nice. I wish I would have gotten a dozen more.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
How does one find and acquire one of these lead lobbers? And at what price? The hear the 1911 can be a fine hip pocket howitzer with a little work.
The 1911 is a good gun, a little on the heavy side but a good solid gun.

I am going to try and buy one of these mainly for the history aspect vs actually carrying it. I just think it would be neat to own a genuine military piece.
If i was going to carry a 1911 i would want a Wilson combat but unfortunately not available in my communist state.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have a handmedown 1911 that was born in 1941. Remington Rand made this one. Amazing how many different companies put them out due to the war effort.

Love the feel of the 45 and I have that new 22 that has the same weight and feel. Hardly get them out, but after what happened in San Bernedino today it is about time for every legal permitted person to start packing. Is sure the pits as to what is going on in our borders.

My heart goes out to those that lost family members in this useless, horrendous crime.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Truly heinous.
And then I get this in my email....

https://www.change.org/p/congress-stop-blocking-gun-violence-research?source_location=trending_petitions_home_page&algorithm=curated_trending

Blood is not even dry on the floor and the ignorant .....

Sorry. I just can't go on with out cursing...
"An average of 32 people are killed by a gun in America every day, and yet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) can’t even conduct research into the root causes of all forms of gun violence."

Nobody has ever been killed by a gun. Why doesn't the Center for Disease Control concentrate on...disease?
Like maybe the disease abiogenesis syndrome.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Im curious how yesterday was Obama's fault? I'm no fan of the guy, but I can't blame the action of two idiots on him.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
"An average of 32 people are killed by a gun in America every day, and yet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) can’t even conduct research into the root causes of all forms of gun violence."

Nobody has ever been killed by a gun. Why doesn't the Center for Disease Control concentrate on...disease?
Like maybe the disease abiogenesis syndrome.
Mental, psychological disorders maybe?

Naw, That's too common sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts