TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to think the "Off Topic" sections is going to Hell in a Hand Basket....:rolleyes: But life's simple pleasures still beat the Hell out of that ride.....

Got up today and looked at the forecast....yep, Sunny, Windy, and 68 was in the forecast, so I decided to take the TW around the west side of Grand Lake, just in case we don't get any Indian Summer{is that Politically Incorrect? If so Kiss my Ass, I don't care}...for the rest of October....here is that look:

Fall Ride 001.JPG

Got home from the ride and checked out my Facebook, and my daughter~in~law had posted a couple of photos of my Grandsons at the Cincinnati Zoo today....including the new guy, my name sake, who turned 9 weeks old today, smiling on his own for one of the first times....

Kam smiling 2.jpg

The "Little" Moose is already at 15 pounds....and growing like a weed. So..............

Off I went to work the Varsity Football Game, a Blow out by the visiting Lakota team at 48-0....and home I come, and when I arrive a nice package of 40 or so hand rolled quality cigars and a new cutter awaited me....I hit the jackpot from Cigar International a Central Pennsylvania distributor of fine cigars and products. Expensive? Yep, I dished out over $170 bucks on the whole package...but they will last me until the middle of next Summer, so...WTH?

Cigars 004.JPG

I probably smoke 40 or so hand rolled cigars a year....and unlike Cigarettes, Cigars are a pleasure that are not habit forming and if you choose the right smoke, they are as good as ______! {Use your imagination}....so it is one of life's pleasures...you can enjoy, without guilt{and don't buy the bullshit the media, health nuts, and left try to lay on you}....this collection is some of the finest tobacco smokes that God ever laid on man....and I enjoy them on occasion....

That was my day...a good one, despite the Ebola, ISIS, and other paranoid scares, and the fact that Obama and Company are Ass~a~hola~a's...life is good, enjoy it, your family, your TW, and whatever the future may hold....we are only around for a short while and far too many of us will never know that life's simple pleasures are what it is all about.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Very well stated Hoot! Grandson is cute as can be. Never have worried much what others thought myself. Seems a satisfying way to get through life. Take care.

Tom

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hoot, do you know little kids grow like weeds?.......there's so much fertilizer in their pants.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grandkids, cigars and riding. You hit the trifecta!

(Sorry, I'm not that into football... Go GIANTS!)

As long as officiating Football, Basketball, and umpiring College and High School baseball doesn't feel like a job, and I can get up and down the fields, court, and diamonds, I will continue to work them...puts gas in the tank, paid cash from my gigs for the new TW, fills my Cigar Humidor, and my Garage Refrig with the beers I like, I will continue to work the games....just don take em' seriously, it's only sports, not real life....:p

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the packages I got yesterday there were at least a dozen or so ACID Cigars...my favorite of these is the Blondie ... but I also got a couple of Cold Fusion, a Massive Deep Dish, and a couple of Liquid ACIDs as well.... Cigars 3 003.JPG

It was also Pumpkin Carving Day for the Grandsons down in the Dayton area.....and K~Man and K~Man 2 were into the Jack O'Lantern thingy.....I hate cold weather but I can deal with fall....it's those long winters, like last year, that really bum this old fart out....

Pumpkin Kam.jpg Pumpkin Kaysan.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Talking about kids I just tuck mine in for the night! 10736371_10203939378836914_986445780_o.jpg

·
Registered
814 Posts
I took a little ride the other day. Little over 60 miles. 1/2 into the wind so strong I could only make 50mph on the up grades. But rode at 70 on the down wind leg. Found too good a deal on a Futaba 6EX with a R617FS to pass up. It's been a long time since I was into R/C and a lot has changed. I used to like a good cigar. It's been 30 years since I left the tobacco. We have a frost warning tonight. Kids and grand kids make it all worth while.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spent the weekend watching Ohio State destroy the Wisconsin Badgers.....:p

OSUhelmet.jpg

Taking the Santa Express Train from Lebanon to Mason, Ohio with a visit to Santa's Village:) with the Grandsons...

Train Ride 012.JPG Train Ride 013.JPG Train Ride 004.JPG

and recovering from the weekend activities by downing a few cups of Joe and unwrapping some of my Cigar Collection.....:rolleyes:

Coffee and Cigars 2 003.jpg

·
Registered
765 Posts
This was my weekend. Steelers won!!! Yes! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418090710.156970.jpg
Picture was take at the end of the 4th

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was my weekend. Steelers won!!! Yes! View attachment 12082
Picture was take at the end of the 4th
Sheet...you live in Dayton and Root for the Sqeelers???? Plus the Bungals are still in first place, and Marvin Lewis had the classic Bulletin Board material in his WLW Radio Interview tonight::p

Marvin Lewis calls Johnny Manziel 'a midget' in radio interview, later apologizes | cleveland.com

The PC would be out to get his, except since Marvin is Black, he might get a pass....

·
Registered
765 Posts
My bad, that was before the game. This is at the end of the 4th ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418149070.334031.jpg
And yep I know a good team.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now back to the "Beer" portion of said thread::p

My latest "Pick Up".....have not tried it yet, but considering the other stuff coming from this Upstate NY Brewery, I expect it to be good....after my Basketball Officiating Double Header tonight, I will have one...or 2....or......:D

Christmas Cheer 002.JPG

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Now back to the "Beer" portion of said thread::p

My latest "Pick Up".....have not tried it yet, but considering the other stuff coming from this Upstate NY Brewery, I expect it to be good....after my Basketball Officiating Double Header tonight, I will have one...or 2....or......:D

View attachment 12087
What about your diet Hoot?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about your diet Hoot?
Doing fine Tommy...worked a double header Junior High Boys basketball tonight...another of same on Thursday...then Friday a Freshman and JV double, Saturday a Boys Double, and Sunday a youth double....weight this morning was 183.4....Blood Pressure was 118/68 and pulse was 57 per minute....this old man is ready for Moab....about 101 days until Borneo, ZDiver, Me, and my Buddy Nick arrive at the KOA Cabin.....will be a lean, mean, in shape for a {then} 66 year old fighting machine....to ride them Hills::D

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beer Gets a Bad Rap

Just so you guys know...Beer, Ale, regardless of strength and type...gets a bad rap from the Diet Industry....Diet, and Health, are both about work outs, Carbs, and Calories from Fat....we are all given only so much time on this earth...Pick and Choose your poison....do some research, it all comes down to several factors...but a love of good quality beers need not be something to avoid...however if you choose to add fried foods and over 200 carbs per day?????? Then you better think again...

Enjoy Life, and don't Cheat Yourself of it's pleasures....;)

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Doing fine Tommy...worked a double header Junior High Boys basketball tonight...another of same on Thursday...then Friday a Freshman and JV double, Saturday a Boys Double, and Sunday a youth double....weight this morning was 183.4....Blood Pressure was 118/68 and pulse was 57 per minute....this old man is ready for Moab....about 101 days until Borneo, ZDiver, Me, and my Buddy Nick arrive at the KOA Cabin.....will be a lean, mean, in shape for a {then} 66 year old fighting machine....to ride them Hills::D

I was just teasing you, I know you are doing great getting ready to go. Good for you bro.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And By-the-way...this 2X~Mas is one ass kicking Ale...spicy, hoppy, and something to behold....I have finished 2 since I got home and am deciding whether to drink a 3rd, or to just pick on a Lager and save the rest....:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts