TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Some of that course looked narrow as $hlt. I'm not sure my fat carcass would fit through some of that. Cool video.

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Gee Bob, I figured that was going to be you doing that awesome Urban-duroing.:) Thanks for sharing the nice find but now it makes me think I am a really slow rider.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Fred, not me. I've played around on stairs up and down on one of my RM 250's back in the day. There was an old abandoned factory close to a spot we use to ride. Started off as a dare, then a regular thing. Little crazy, but nothing like that video. Shit, I was 22 or 23 maybe? Young, stupid, and fearless.....:p

·
Registered
263 Posts
holy crap that was some narrow alleys.......and how the hell do you get over logs that friggin big? Can a TW clear logs like that?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How did we ever survive our youth?
Funny you said that. I've been talking to an old childhood friend I've lost contact with for over 20 years. We've been talkin a lot the past few weeks. He said the same exact thing. Yeah, it's true. I don't know. Pure luck I guess.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I have tried short stairs on my TW. Funny, they didn't look very steep until I was on them and then the front wheel didn't want to stay down. As for that urban enduro, I think I will just limit myself to dreaming of being able to ride like that and not give it a try.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
21 years. But riding since age 6, and have "never" been without a bike in my life since. Now, I never played a game of baseball, football, basketball, etc. Never even owned a baseball bat, glove, ball, football, or basketball, never played. As a matter of fact, I got my very first baseball glove last summer at 52 years old. No shit. I wanted to play catch with my nephews....LOL I rode every day. Seriously. Got home from school, I would ride until dark or dinner, then out till dark. Weekends, from 9:00 am until dark. I had mini bikes, so I could care less about any other sports. All I did was ride ride ride ride ride. My whole life was like this. Winters, snowmobiles and skiing. My dad was a gearhead, and into racing, so I was brought up that way. Had me as a baby sitting on his front fender while head under the hood reving the modded motor. Honestly, I had a fantastic life. I truely did. I care about nothing, only riding. When I was 3, my Dad bought me a mini bike. Even though I was "Way" to young, he brought one home. He buzzed around the yard with me on his lap. My Mom said while she was pregnant with me, my dad would hold his electric shaver, massager, and other motorized things against her belly. Said he wanted me not to be afraid of, and comfortable around motors. That mini bike was on a stand with the chain off, so he'd have me sitting on it running and reving the throttle. He programed me to love this stuff. I guess it worked. Pretty much the same thing with music and the guitar like we talked about one time. But way more with motorcycles. His parents were off the boat from Hungary. He grew up very poor. He gave me everything he could never have. His love was sprint car and midget racing, and motorcycle racing. Also he was a musician, and a big outdoorsman. So that's why I am what I am. It started before I was born. Since I was born, we had a lake house in PA, so every weekend we were up there, and during the whole summer breaks from school, and all I did was ride. After high school, my friends went off to collage, or started working, I went to motorcycle mechanics school in Daytona right outside the 3rd turn of the Speedway. Lived on the beach in Daytona Beach. Was there through car week and bike week. Nothing but racing. I raced MX while I was goin to school there as well. I could care less about ball sports. Just how I was brought up. Starting around when I was 8 or 10, my friends wanted football helmets or baseball bats for Christmas. I wanted a new helmet for my bike, or tools like my Dad's so I could fix my mini bikes. I don't bleed red blood, I bleed oil and gas. I love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have tried short stairs on my TW. Funny, they didn't look very steep until I was on them and then the front wheel didn't want to stay down. As for that urban enduro, I think I will just limit myself to dreaming of being able to ride like that and not give it a try.
I'm new new to riding, want to go dirt but have street tires. My city is small enough that it's dead on any given weeknight after 9 pm but large enough to have nice physical features in town so I get to run through the parking lots and back alleys over the knolls, steps, boardwalks and city trails.
No enduro but gets the thrills safely out my system. I just bought an e Tara so buddies can join me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts