TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this feller may have cracked lol

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/d/2019-tw-200-nice/6680393639.html
Looking for someone to come pick up, or better yet I'll bring it to you because how inconvenient would that be to have to drive clear across the city, the price is negotiable because of course who would agree sight unseen, it is still in the crate and never been started, I'm willing to pay up to 8,000 dollars for you to take it off my hands, and I'm a horrible negotiator so if you need more I'll probably give you more,

·
Registered
149 Posts
this feller may have cracked lol

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/d/2019-tw-200-nice/6680393639.html
Looking for someone to come pick up, or better yet I'll bring it to you because how inconvenient would that be to have to drive clear across the city, the price is negotiable because of course who would agree sight unseen, it is still in the crate and never been started, I'm willing to pay up to 8,000 dollars for you to take it off my hands, and I'm a horrible negotiator so if you need more I'll probably give you more,
Craigslist here in California in resent months/years has become "Scammer Central".
Not saying you can't find a deal or two there but buyer beware!

Daddy always said: " lf it sounds to good to be true, likely it is "

·
Registered
862 Posts
Almost want to call...just to see what the scam is -- to funny

I would not take that machine off his hands for less than $10,000. $12,000 if I have to drive across town. ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Probably someone who is trying to sell his TW and got fed up with the lowballers so he made that ad up as a parody...

Any time I try to sell my vehicles on there I get tons of ridiculous offers/ sketchy buyers contacting me. Its amazing how many people have zero qualms about texting someone an offer 50% of a fair asking price for something without even coming out for a test drive/ seeing the vehicle in person.

Then when you politely tell them to go pound sand with their ridiculous lowballs, they get vindictive and flag your ad so it gets removed.

Had that happen to me a couple years ago when I was trying to sell my Porsche. Had to repost my ad about 10 times because people took personal offense to my refusal of their $15k below asking offers....

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
I do love selling stuff on Craig's List but must admit it is becoming overburdened with the scams. Just yesterday I posted a number of my large woodworking machines for sale. As usual when I turned on the computer this morning I have 6 emails regarding my tools and all from the usual suspects. Apparently both PayPal and Ebay are the flavor of the day and they want my account info so they can deposit the money and have their shipper pick up my machine. The others just want to send me more than my asking price via a western union money order or certified bank checks. I always knew that many of us were born at night but wonder just how many were born last night.

GaryL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts