TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I am posting this up i the correct spot or not, if not please let me know, but I before I post in the Classified section, I wanted to see if anyone had any interest in Clarke Tank group buy if I could get you $30 to $40 off of MSRP shipped to your door. If there is enough interest, i can get work out an exact price and I can post up in the classified section and get a list together.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Congrats on your 4,000th post Rick. (which should be coming up soon):p
Find the old group buy thread from Just Gas Tanks. I referenced that when I called them a couple years ago and they gave me a discount. They may be up for a better discount if you get enough interest.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, maybe talking with just gas tanks again would be a good idea. I wonder how many we would need? I just became a dealer through Clarke, they are offering me free shipping on my first 3 orders, but it seems my pricing is the same as your group buys, and then I would need to pay the shipping to you once I got it, so maybe a group buy with them seems to be the way to go.

I am personally kinda wanting a the XT225 Clarke tank, unless people are having issues with theirs, I might stick with the Clarke oem design.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
They might be open to drop shipping multiples for a large order, I'd look into it, I'm sure they do it all the time. Your best bet would be to have prepaid orders, they will most likely ship them individually anyway.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I've been on the fence about a Clark tank. I would like one but don't know if I can justify the cost. Count me as a maybe.
I am sitting on the same fence, but for a different reason.
I can carry up to 4 quarts of TruFuel in my tailbag, but that leaves little room for anything else.
Yesterday, I used 1 quart to get back to civilization.
So, an extra gallon fuel tank would be great.
My concern is quality: Yamaha TW200 Clarke Gas Tank
Any comments on the reviews?

·
Registered
552 Posts
The reviews make it seem that the flawed area is part of the normal manufacturing process perhaps, but with some finished off better than others? It is not encouraging though. Maybe tool tubes and fuel cans are the way to go?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Stay away from just gas tanks - I had to open a case with ebay and paypal to get my money back after 4 weeks of no ship/they are no longer on ebay because of complaints - there are several other vendors that have good prices and would probably work with you
My Clarke tank is perfect - and the white is a perfect match for my 2015 white paint.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The white would match my bike best, but I want to be able to see the fuel level easily. Is the white tank still transparent enough to see the level or is the natural color the best option? Thanks

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
A reduction in the MRSP coupled with free shipping would make this rather attractive. Most of us could live with the occasional fitment issues regarding alignment of right side panel with hole on Clarke tank.

·
Registered
908 Posts
The white would match my bike best, but I want to be able to see the fuel level easily. Is the white tank still transparent enough to see the level or is the natural color the best option? Thanks
No you cant see the fuel thru the white tank - but open it and you can see where you are at - I've seen some translucent tanks a few years old that yellowed - not a good look and would be a heavy contrast from the bright white TW paint. I just zero my trip meter at fill up and know how far I have gone/have to go before reserve (approx)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whats the general opinion on the xt225 tank? I like the look of it, and install looks pretty straight forward. I just hate the idea of something being "rigged" in there. Any long term reviews/opinions from people that are running the xt225 clarke tank long term? I know you need to trim the side panel, but does it rattle or wobble at all? Any unsightly gaps?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts