TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any other options beside the Clarke tank? Maybe something slightly larger. Thx

·
Registered
296 Posts
Does anyone know of any other options beside the Clarke tank? Maybe something slightly larger. Thx
:( Not a direct replacement fit , the only other thing I could suggest is a hand fabricated item made from alloy , some of my friends have had them made for triton racers and Norton’s etc, even some of the guys had additional alloy tanks made to look like the top dummy fuel tank on the yamaha v- max 1200cc , the original tank is under the seat on the v- max , so they have 2x fuel tanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( Not a direct replacement fit , the only other thing I could suggest is a hand fabricated item made from alloy , some of my friends have had them made for triton racers and Norton’s etc, even some of the guys had additional alloy tanks made to look like the top dummy fuel tank on the yamaha v- max 1200cc , the original tank is under the seat on the v- max , so they have 2x fuel tanks
seems pricey and a lot of trouble. I’ll probably just go with the Clarke. Thanks for the input. It’s greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If you go with the Clarke tank read all 9 million posts and opinions on this forum. Me personally...great upgrade. The reserve does not work well if it works. The mold is bad and installation is a challenge. Marring and blemishes are a given. The right side plastic has to be fabbed on with zip tie, snaps, straps, invent as you go. I have no regrets and only great things to say. Between the Clarke tank and a Rotopax you have great range and your crashes are forgiven unlike the metal tank. Just make an informed decision.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
In addition to the Clarke TW200 tank, there are many posts where members have also used the Clarke tanks intended for the XT225 and the XT350, both of which offer more capacity than the TW200 tank.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
here's two posts on it:

i have a OEM xt225 tank and i love it, only 1/2 gallon more, but thats another 30-50 miles and looks great!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
the big clarke xt350 tank is an easy install if you are handy and have a few hand tools. gives me > 500km range.

Reactions: GodKILLER

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ll take everything into consideration And as well as searching the forum.

thanks for everyone’s input

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And the idea of a composite see through tank is appealing. Especially as I do plan to trail the bike.

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
Clarke, or metal OEM tanks from the XT line of larger displacement bikes may be used with a variety of capacities and only a minor variety of mounting mods to make things look & work right. I have a metal 2.3 gallon XT225 tank on one

and a Clarke 4.0 gallon tank on the other.

No dents, no worries. Just the occasional snake hunting the occasional mouse, plus the paint on the translucent tank does not adhere well over time.

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Personally I like the Yamaha XT350 OEM metal tank. A very easy installation but one does have to hacksaw the bike a little bit. I think its 3.2 gallons.
PB190024.JPG

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i love me a good gopher snake, so beautiful!

my xt225 tank mounted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Clarke, or metal OEM tanks from the XT line of larger displacement bikes may be used with a variety of capacities and only a minor variety of mounting mods to make things look & work right. I have a metal 2.3 gallon XT225 tank on one

View attachment 208717
View attachment 208718
and a Clarke 4.0 gallon tank on the other.
View attachment 208720
View attachment 208719

No dents, no worries. Just the occasional snake hunting the occasional mouse, plus the paint on the translucent tank does not adhere well over time.
bro that’s some hella nice looking bikes. It’s nice to know what options are out there and what works. Thanks for the input. Highly appreciated.

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
I'll occasionally use a magnet to stick "to-do" lists or route notes to the metal XT225 tank.
Only 1/2 gallon more but it just looks cool with the faux radiator air scoops. One I sourced was a cosmetic mis-match so I painted the whole bike. For those longer rides I do carry a 1 gallon RotoPak either on a mount or in a rack mounted daypack.

That extra half gallon recently took me to a flame out at 151 miles after peering over rim of the Grand Canyon, but that was done at a relaxed pace mostly in 5th or 6th gear. I was impressed with the range since it was feeding a 223cc TTR motor spinning an ATV tire with 13 x 55 tooth sprockets. For my normal moderately spirited trail riding I plan on no more than 55 mpg. Nice to know I could extend this combination to 65 mpg.

Reactions: El Viejo

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If you go with the Clarke tank read all 9 million posts and opinions on this forum. Me personally...great upgrade. The reserve does not work well if it works. The mold is bad and installation is a challenge. Marring and blemishes are a given. The right side plastic has to be fabbed on with zip tie, snaps, straps, invent as you go. I have no regrets and only great things to say. Between the Clarke tank and a Rotopax you have great range and your crashes are forgiven unlike the metal tank. Just make an informed decision.
What about your reserve does not work?

Anyway that does not sound like an issue with the tank to me more of an issue with your petcock. I have two clarke tanks and no issues with reserve, i have about 1/2 a gallon of fuel left when i hit mine and it it will go quite a ways on it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ok... I am so worried about a leak I just want to call everything good. 130 mile range is good and rotopax is there if I need more juice. The opaque model comes with a free fuel guage ans I know when I am about to stall.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts