TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
That looks nice. I cheated. I cut my chain slider in half and slid it over the swingarm. I then used adhesive to reattach it together along with a wide washer for more surface area.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured I’d do a few other things while I was at it.

Got chain and sprockets, jets, needle and seat, carb to air box boot, chain slider, intake boot o-ring, oil filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice job! My Dub had some corrosion/rust on the passenger side (hahaha) of the swing arm. Orig owner left the battery drip hose off the battery... Without removing the arm I sanded etc and cleaned the arm up. Painted it with a close match Rustoleum paint and it turned out ok. When it's time to Re-chain and re-gear I'll do the same as you....

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my swingarm, rear sprocket, and rear wheel installed. Installed new main jet, mixture screw, intake boot o-ring, and needle and seat. Starts and runs well so far, just waiting on my side cover gasket (forgot to order) so I can do drive sprocket.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Got my swingarm, rear sprocket, and rear wheel installed. Installed new main jet, mixture screw, intake boot o-ring, and needle and seat. Starts and runs well so far, just waiting on my side cover gasket (forgot to order) so I can do drive sprocket.

Well you should replace that outer seall that is for the sprocket drive shaft bearing in the side cover... If not it just might start leaking!

The oil comes through the center of the shaft to feed the outer bearing in the side cover.

The Philips screw that holds the plate that retains the seal and bearing is a Jis screw.. It is going to be tight! Just be aware of that. I used vice grips in conjunction with the standard driver to loosen the screw..
I did not know about the Jis tip Philips... Lots of talk about these bits... Haw, I did slightly mess up that screw... Got it back in and purchased some Jis bits for my drivers.

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well you should replace that outer seall that is for the sprocket drive shaft bearing in the side cover... If not it just might start leaking!

The oil comes through the center of the shaft to feed the outer bearing in the side cover.

The Philips screw that holds the plate that retains the seal and bearing is a Jis screw.. It is going to be tight! Just be aware of that. I used vice grips in conjunction with the standard driver to loosen the screw..
I did not know about the Jis tip Philips... Lots of talk about these bits... Haw, I did slightly mess up that screw... Got it back in and purchased some Jis bits for my drivers.

Jim
Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts