TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

What is the best way/product to get the grease off the back wheel spokes/rim. Also what about some rust spotting under the headlight on the metal frame. Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello:

What is the best way/product to get the grease off the back wheel spokes/rim. Also what about some rust spotting under the headlight on the metal frame. Thanks

I like Bean Clean, but you have to order it online. Or, sometimes WalMart will have DuPont Biodegradeable Motorcycle degreaser (http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/dupont-motorcycle-degreaser/). The Bean clean is 100% plant based, but the DuPont isn't. Both work the same

and both smell kinda like banana peels....though the DuPont has a slight chemical smell also. Either will remove paint from plastic. I cleaned my carb with it and it erased the while markings on the choke knob. Works great though.

WD40 will also work, but I wouldn't use it on the back wheel unless you're going to scrub the wheel and tire REALLY good with Dawn liquid or somthing after.

You can wash the Bean clean down your storm drains if you ar in an area that has them, not sure about the DuPont stuff.

For the rust...it depends on what part has rust on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had good luck with simple green and a good stiff bristled brush. For rust I get some fine steel wool and don't get carried away.

·
Registered
173 Posts
For lite rust on chrome, I've had great luck for many years with NeverDull Most motorcycle shops have it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
+1 on what Omega advised.....also,semi-chrome does well for slight rust. It's alittle messy,but,regarding the grease;there is a product(s) available at automotive shops etc....permatex D&L,pumice(orange gritty stuff)...I believe s101 also works on such things.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Hello:

Most auto or bicycle stores will have a citrus based de-greaser, I've used that for many years. Kerosene also works, but doesn't smell as good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts