TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SPAM!! It's what's for dinner. I just thought it was nice to have a clock on the bike. The instrument panel is kind of pointless to me but I grew up on off road bike so I usually know when im in neutral and if my lights are on low or high or my turn signals are on, but to each is own.. Just like to see new ideas..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Small's

The only time I want to know the time is quiting time and when I'm riding, I don't want no quiting time!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I guess in the cell-phone generation people don't wear watches anymore, huh??

To quote an old favorite - "Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody care?" -- Chicago

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have one similar to yours mounted on top of the brake reservoir. It works out good there. I don't think it's water proof but has been rained on a few times and is still working.

Wayne.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was looking for a clock idea for my TW since I DON'T carry a cell phone, and I can't get to my watch with all my gear on. Mr. Gizmow on this site suggested putting a watch around the brake fluid reservoir. I haven't done that yet, but I think I will once I start doing some moto camping.

Dan

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I was looking for a clock idea for my TW since I DON'T carry a cell phone, and I can't get to my watch with all my gear on. Mr. Gizmow on this site suggested putting a watch around the brake fluid reservoir. I haven't done that yet, but I think I will once I start doing some moto camping.

Dan

Actually, I think that was me with the watch idea. Mr Gizmow would have probably done something much more involved, though he might use a watch, too.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
I am more inclined to watch the time instead of my neutral light as well. Seems if I am late for supper, I'm in trouble. The upper time piece is a 'stop watch' I use when making a video. Gerry

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Some day I'd like Mr. Gizmo to create a "video tour" of his bike, pointing our each gadget and gizmo he has on it. It never ceases to amaze me all the stuff on that bike! I'm sure it would put both James Bond and Inspector Gadget to shame!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Actually, I think that was me with the watch idea. Mr Gizmow would have probably done something much more involved, though he might use a watch, too.

You know what, I think you're right. Now that Mr. Gizmow has posted his set-up, it definitely wasn't him anyhow. I still need to do that watch idea though as I like to always know what time it is.

Dan

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks, gentlemen. You've been helpful. So far, I like the Aerostitch offerings and the wristwatch on the brake reservoir.

Will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts