TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I've been riding for two years and have been interested in a TW about as long. I have a 2012 Vstrom 650 Adventure as my commuter, weekend rider, and eventually touring bike. The TW would be for trips to the Pine Barrens, pit bike for Mid-Ohio, some local riding, occasional commutes, and for my wife to learn on.

I'm 6'2" 195 Lbs 34" inseam, my wife is 5'6" 124 lbs with a 30" inseam.

My Pine Barrens trips and other off road adventures will be with two friends (smaller guys) riding a KLR 250 and a Bulltaco Alpina 250.

Of course I've heard, "the TW is too slow" , "get an XT250 instead", "it's too small for you", "bla,bla,bla"

I still keep thinking TW. Is there anything I should be concerned about?

I have a good price on either a new 2013 or 2014 from a local dealer.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
A TW is too slow? Not really. TWs just don't spin so much, don't slide around so much, so they just don't look as fast as they are.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Go for it Dgrav you'll love it. I'm right up the road from you. There is a really nice one on cl right now in nj. 04 for 2100$ looks clean. Let me know when you hit the pine barrens I want to learn some spots over there.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Go for it!! I take my TW to the Pine Barrens pretty often and have never found it to be too slow in the woods. I do find it too slow for the highway getting there so I carry it there in my pickup. It is the perfect bike for the pines, deep sand, deep water and mud......perfect. I am 6' 200lbs. At 6'2" you will need bar risers or will be uncomfortable standing for too long. The interesting thing with the TW is that you can still be sitting on the seat in situations where you need to stand on a normal bike. Good luck, post pictures when you get it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done deal. I signed the paperwork today and a new 2014 TW should be in my hands by next weekend.

I will start with bar risers (probably Tusks because I've had good luck with them on my VStrom) and the swap out the bars if need be.

The footpegs seem small for my size 13 boots. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all th feedback. This is a very cool and laid back forum!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A member on this forum, "logsplitter" posted that the KLX125 foot pegs bolt right on and are twice the size of the TW pegs. I am going to try them.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Way to go...mine still sits at 4.4 miles...snow tomorrow, but Sunny and 52 Sunday and 61 on Monday....looks like I may get some miles on it....Cabin Fever Be Damned!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
love the color. just wow. I am a bit over 6ft and 270. I have no issues at all with mine. Have the standard footpegs. I don't know what all the fuss is about them. Only time I stand is when I come upon a hoop te doo. Just never have been uncomfortable on it. I did have them change the bars out before it left the showroom though. Just a bit taller ones. When I get on my wifes, which is stock, it sure feels strange.

I did change out the seat and put a kawasaki fifteen hundred saddle on it and even built the backrest into it. Sure makes a difference for the backside. Went out trail riding and I was concerned that it might be in the way, but went down a steep hill and did a hillclimb. Didn't notice it even being there. Went to harbor freight today and noticed a chair with a saddle seat on it. Is a roll around for a hundred bucks. That seat would be perfect for a tw. Of course mine is just for me so don't need one for a rider. Was able to put a nice rack on it using the backrest for a forward stop for loading.
These bikes are just a kick and easy to get around on. I am so glad that I picked a couple of them up. Remember the honda slogan? Well I have found you meet the nicest friends on a TW.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My big boats (size 13) feel so much better resting on the larger aftermarket foot pegs. They were easy to install, and solid as a rock.
It took me a few rides to get used to fitting my boot under the shifter lever, though. The distance between the lever and the foot peg on the left side was reduced. Now I'm used to it and love it.
Money well spent.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Bought home the new bike today.

Congrats on the new bike!

Still, I'm a little quizzical as to how the same person decides to buy a Ford SVT Raptor one day and a TW200 the next?!?

One of these things is not like the other!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats on the new bike!

Still, I'm a little quizzical as to how the same person decides to buy a Ford SVT Raptor one day and a TW200 the next?!?

One of these things is not like the other!
To me it was an easy decision. I wanted a bike that was just as good in the sand as my truck!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Me and a friend are gonna go get muddy today. Maybe hitting neshamity quarry for a little. We planned on hearing up to Centralia for the night but the weather changed our minds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me and a friend are gonna go get muddy today. Maybe hitting neshamity quarry for a little. We planned on hearing up to Centralia for the night but the weather changed our minds.
Neshaminy quarry? Where is it located and is it cool to ride there?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts