TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my KLR650 is a wonderful bike except for the seat. It throws your forward to the point that you are gender fluid. I just ran across a post about seat concepts tall seat for the TW and the guy says it evens out the forward throw when he sits on it. I pick up my bike tomorrow. Does the stock seat turn you into a tranny? Does it push you into the tank? God I hope not. I spent $200 on a seat concepts commuter for the KLR and it was the worsts thing I have ever sat on. Had to take the electric knife from the kitchen and disembowel the thing to make it remotely bearable.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,325 Posts
The seat on the TW was designed by someone in Japan who obviously had no idea of how big the balls of your average American is. Average time with the stock seat before thinking “My arse needs a break” is around an hour and a half

Shifting your butt on the seat can alleviate this (briefly), which is good, ‘cos given the shape of the seat, you’ll eventually find your “gentlemen’s area” migrating towards to tank

Most Japanese trial bikes do this, which may have something to do with the Oriental ability to withdraw their nuts up into their body in combat

Thus, the crafty Yanks came up with the “Seat Concepts” saddle, which enables the rider with bigger bollocks to go for around one hour and thirty five minutes, a vast improvement in my opinion, although it didn’t quite address the problem of “tank collision”

And so, the “Seat Concepts” saddle in “carbon fibre” was born, albeit in name only, ‘cos it’s still plastic. However, this bold new move, named the “gripper seat”, has saved many a nut sack – for about another five minutes

And recently, we now have the ““Seat Concepts tall saddle”, although its efficacy is yet to be tested, it’s looking good so far, as no longer being able to put both feet down means you will be shifting your arse about more frequently

At the end of the day, you can strap an armchair on there, or put up with the stock seat, or just about anything in-between – most of us treat the stock seat as a “serving suggestion”, although this could possibly explain why so many trail riders are often seen standing up on the pegs …..

·
Registered
13,807 Posts
The seat on the TW was designed by someone in Japan who obviously had no idea of how big the balls of your average American is. Average time with the stock seat before thinking “My arse needs a break” is around an hour and a half

Shifting your butt on the seat can alleviate this (briefly), which is good, ‘cos given the shape of the seat, you’ll eventually find your “gentlemen’s area” migrating towards to tank

Most Japanese trial bikes do this, which may have something to do with the Oriental ability to withdraw their nuts up into their body in combat

Thus, the crafty Yanks came up with the “Seat Concepts” saddle, which enables the rider with bigger bollocks to go for around one hour and thirty five minutes, a vast improvement in my opinion, although it didn’t quite address the problem of “tank collision”

And so, the “Seat Concepts” saddle in “carbon fibre” was born, albeit in name only, ‘cos it’s still plastic. However, this bold new move, named the “gripper seat”, has saved many a nut sack – for about another five minutes

And recently, we now have the ““Seat Concepts tall saddle”, although its efficacy is yet to be tested, it’s looking good so far, as no longer being able to put both feet down means you will be shifting your arse about more frequently

At the end of the day, you can strap an armchair on there, or put up with the stock seat, or just about anything in-between – most of us treat the stock seat as a “serving suggestion”, although this could possibly explain why so many trail riders are often seen standing up on the pegs …..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well crap. I could as well just post your review in the KLR forum as it echoes true there too. Well may have to get the tall seat eventually and carve to taste.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts