TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
2021 TW200, first motorcycle
hehe thank you! i'd LOVE to pop over and have a pro help with this, and i believe in the incredible capabilities of the tw but... i live in hawaii and im guessing crossing half the pacific would be expecting a bit much. 馃構 i actually went out about the neighborhood today and i think im getting used to it. or its wearing in. either way its good.
I found the shifting got much better after my first oil change. Manufacturing has changed quite a bit since 1987 but the engine is still designed/built the old way. Break in is a real thing.

Registered
I found the shifting got much better after my first oil change. Manufacturing has changed quite a bit since 1987 but the engine is still designed/built the old way. Break in is a real thing.
im a bit worried about that break-in period. im following the instructions carefully but im afraid ill never get it over 1000 miles, much less the 600 for the first oil change. 5 months after purchase im only at 83 miles. :(

Registered
2021 TW200, first motorcycle
im a bit worried about that break-in period. im following the instructions carefully but im afraid ill never get it over 1000 miles, much less the 600 for the first oil change. 5 months after purchase im only at 83 miles. :(
I changed mine at 38 just to see if it would make a difference with the shifting. It did.

Registered
Life gets in the way of fun sometimes man, don鈥檛 let it get to you. I put 1500 miles on my Harley in the first 3 months, and then only 500 over the last 9 months. All that matters is that when you do have the time, you enjoy it.

Registered
Be careful when taking out the oil filter. It's reusable but very easy to puncture the mesh.
yeah, and the rubber gasket sometimes will break when first removing it. Mine did. It was like it was glued on.

Reactions: Kevinwa

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thanks to all for the insight on the quirks of the TW clutch engagement issue. I just joined the TW200 forum for just this type of accumulated wisdom I would like to try the adjustable clutch lever fix to get the engagement a bit closer to the grip. Does anyone know of an adjustable lever that will accomodate the clutch/starter safety switch cable at the lever bracket?

Registered
Thanks to all for the insight on the quirks of the TW clutch engagement issue. I just joined the TW200 forum for just this type of accumulated wisdom I would like to try the adjustable clutch lever fix to get the engagement a bit closer to the grip. Does anyone know of an adjustable lever that will accomodate the clutch/starter safety switch cable at the lever bracket?
I've posted the ones I got off eBay, copying someone else's post of what they found. Try the search feature and see if you find em. They not only adjust, they are shorty levers too and fit well inside the bark buster setups.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts