TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about looking for a smaller two finger style clutch lever for my 06 since the stock on comes super close to my grip guards. Any ideas?

Also on the topic, I was doing a quick look over my bike the other day and noticed my clutch return spring was OFF of the linkage. It was kind of wedged between the lever and the transmission. It seams that all of the return for the lever and clutch itself is coming from the clutch and not that spring. Wondering if I should try giving it another wrap around. I think it has 2 wraps right now if that makes any sense.

Thanks gents. Ready for spring.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Most cut the ball's off the levers just loosen move them up or down to cut off no reason to remove guards.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I did. Just wondering if there were any... prettier ways of reinventing the wheel so to speak.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The return spring at the crankcase is there for a reason, it should be operational. One "turn" should be enough as long as it's not too slack that it either dislodges too easily or doesn't return the lever fully back. If it's working fine with two "turns", I'd leave it as is.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The clutch spring was off my lever also when I bought my bike, I simply loosened the cable in the bracket, gave it enough slack, moved the lever rearward and stuck the spring on the front of the lever. It doesn't get any "preload".-Hope this helps-Glenn.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I know this doesn't help a whole huge amount, but a colleague ordered these beautiful shorty levers for his YZ 250 dirt-bike, as well as looking good, and *looking* like they'll fit the TW they also fold back on themselves to avoid breakages if you don't have hand-guards.
I think they were about US$70, which may have included shipping to South Africa so may/should be cheaper for most of this forum.

If you guys are interested, I will find out more details.

IMG-20150211-01885.jpg
IMG-20150211-01884.jpg
PS - Excuse my poor mobile-phone photos.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know this doesn't help a whole huge amount, but a colleague ordered these beautiful shorty levers for his YZ 250 dirt-bike, as well as looking good, and *looking* like they'll fit the TW they also fold back on themselves to avoid breakages if you don't have hand-guards.
I think they were about US$70, which may have included shipping to South Africa so may/should be cheaper for most of this forum.

If you guys are interested, I will find out more details.

View attachment 14078
View attachment 14079
PS - Excuse my poor mobile-phone photos.

please do! there are tons of adjustable/foldable levers on ebay for all sorts of bikes if we could find a set for another bike that fits that'd be outstanding.

I did some x-reffing via partzilla and it seems the following models use both the same pat numbers the TW does:

WR250/WR400
YZ125/YZ250/YZ400/YZ80
TTR125/TTR225

edit: heres a link of potential ones:

CNC Brake Clutch Levers for Yamaha YZ 125 250 426F 450f Adjustable Pivot Racing | eBay

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely! If you have a part number or anything that would be some great info to have. Those are exactly what I had in mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts