TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is slipping bad.

I can't pop a wheelie, no matter how hard I try.

I guess I'll order friction disks, clutch cable, and springs.

My mechanic buddy said to look for heavy duty springs. Anyone know where to get high performance parts, or know any tricks?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I have no idea if it helps, but I have heard of guys adding washers to increase the amount that the clutch springs are compressed.

If your clutch is indeed slipping, make sure that you are running the right type of oil (for wet clutches).

If you have been trying hard to wheelie your TW, it might be time to replace your clutch.

If wheelies are that important, you may want to consider changing your gearing to make it easier for both you and your TW.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea if it helps, but I have heard of guys adding washers to increase the amount that the clutch springs are compressed.

If your clutch is indeed slipping, make sure that you are running the right type of oil (for wet clutches).

If you have been trying hard to wheelie your TW, it might be time to replace your clutch.

If wheelies are that important, you may want to consider changing your gearing to make it easier for both you and your TW.

Yeah, my mechanic buddy said the same thing about using washers.

I use the 4 stroke Yamalube oil and change it often. I always figured that was the best, it probably isn't though.

If there is an adjuster on the clutch basket, I'll check that too.

thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
For sure Yamalube past break in is kind of poor as far as shifting (clutch). I switched to a castrol 4t non synth (but motorcycle oil) and improved things. I am sure syn would do more but I change it every week or two since I lives at WFOT.

Also, there is a thread about XT225 conversions and a member list some EBC spring part numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts