TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best replacement for a stock 2010 TW's clutch springs - brand; normal or heavy duty; kit with gaskets etc etc if available?

Thx

JG

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ive always been happy with the ebc dirt racer kit. comes with plates and springs. you will likely need a right side gasket and a handful of basic tools.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I upgraded my clutch with Vesrah springs and it was an improvement for a long while.

PA260151.JPG P2210826.JPG

But after a long while I seemed to be back to where I started -- probably mostly due to trying Shell Rotella oil instead of using motorcycle oil. Then I upgraded again to a Barnett Kevlar clutch and have never looked back. Cost twice as much and worth every penny -- if not more.
P5090053A.jpg P5090054.JPG

Search ebay. There was a seller in Stockton CA that had a "make offer" button and if you offered $20 below his asking price he always accepted it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I just did mine with OEM parts. After 10,000 miles I started getting a some occasional slipping in 5th gear. I ride trails, and I like a light clutch pull, often using one finger on the lever. A buddy put the Vesrah HD springs in his bike, and the lever pull is noticeably stiffer, and not for me.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I've found Barnett and EBC's to be grabbier than stock but it's something you get used to. Also using heavy duty springs makes the clutch pull much harder. Again something you get used to and it does make your left hand stronger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like Procycle but they didnt have springs listed on the website. I emailed and got this reply --

Yes we do, we haven’t listed this on-line yet.

These are Vesrah springs for $11.95, plus shipping to you.

We also have KG spring sets for $15.95.

We can do a phone order if you want these.

Thank you, Carl 541-688-9543

The Barnett sounds good too. Decisions, decisions...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts