TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very intrigued by these bikes. I am not interested in speed or expressway riding. I want a solid trail bike that I can have fun riding on difficult/technical trails and legally ride on gravel roads. I am 6-1, 295. Anyone able to speak from experience? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Big Mike, The one thing these bikes have is low end grunt. I can't speak to how easy the bike will bottom out with you on top, but I'm next to positive you will like the trail handling / power band of this bike. You don't sound like the guy who wants to jump sand dunes or cut cat's asses in the mud flats. I'vw loaded mine up with gear and done some might rough roads, bad arroyos, and steep hills. Knowing your limits and learning the bike's characteristics, you will do fine and enjoy the bike. Its not one that you have to keep the back wheel spinning to move forward. Its more twist the throttle and smile. Good luck. I'm 6' and not uncomfortable on the bike - and in fact there are days when I can just barely get my leg over the top. Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The fat tires provide well over 300 pounds of carrying capacity as well as good protection from pinched tubes. You can move a train with a lawnmower engine with the correct final drive ratio. Have no fear, the TW is the best trail bike for the big rider to cruise at sane speeds.

·
Registered
88 Posts
with me, my girlfriend, and a bag stuffed with stuff on the back the total weight is probably close to 400 lbs. (no she's not fat, i'm large and so is the bag). but with that being said we cruise on it togather pretty regularly and a good speed with my +1t front sprocket the bike is happy between 40-50mph on the street. we have never doubled on it off the road, but if the suspension doesn't give you a problem, the rest of the bike should be plenty capeable of motoring you around, especially if you were to keep stock gearing.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I carry about 40 pounds of gear with the rack, saddle bags, etc. I am 250# the deer 150#. The bike can hold more than enough.

Ronnydog

[http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/ronnydog/P9020067.jpg[/img]http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/ronnydog/P9020061.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello Big Mike,

At 275 lbs, happy trail hard cases and an auxiliary fuel tank, I can attest that the TW can handle a heavy load. I do recommend adjusting the coil spring to its highest position. This makes the bike ride more level with a load. There's a post on how to do this.

Ride safe and enjoy.

Marty

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Hey Marty, your link was so secret I couldn't even see it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts