TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to finish tuning this thing up for a friend and some info seems to be harder to come by than expected. I would buy a manual if it were mine, but I just need to get it going better than its outta my shop. I need the float height and the mixture adjustment. I think its 1.5 turns from closed, but im not sure. any help is great. thanks.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I cleaned it all up again and now its worse. I think the float needle isnt sealing. Im gonna throw it in the ultrasonic in a day or two and then do a leak down test on the carb with it off the bike. it seems to be flooding out the longer it sits at idle. doesnt help that the petcock doesnt completely shut off either. Anyone have any brilliant ways of cutting the needle seat clean. I think its a bit eroded away. ive done the tooth paste thing with a q tip. I was thinking of trying a drill bit in my finger tips. Im not sure how these things seem to find me, but they do.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could still use that float height if anyone comes up with it. I cant believe I cant seem to find it with the google machine. must be some kind of voodoo magic! Hopefully This thing is done today

1 - 4 of 4 Posts