TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to town today for an electric 3500lb winch. Seems the wet got to it this winter. Went to harbor freight as I needed some other shop equipment. Was passing by the bike shop, was like a magnet pulling on me. The place had more toys than I had ever seen in the lot. Must have unloaded a freighter.

I was looking at the sxs's and my eye caught a used one. 2016 with 86mi on it. It followed me home. Was equipped with windshield, winch, top cover and hitch. Is a decent shade of orange and nice wheels.

Was a bit shy of buying a Chinese knockoff. I have bought from this place a few times and have not been disappointed. I know Chinese had some electrical issues in the past and I asked about them. I know that they wouldn't be selling them if they had issues, good way to loose customers in the long run.

I got to thinking about what I thinking about the Chinese imports. Then it occurred to me back in the 60's when the Japanese market opened up with the transistor radio and Honda 50's. Then it was Taiwan, hong kong, and on and on it goes. So, now I have one, lol. Only thing I notice is getting in and out is a squeeze. Once sitting it is comfortable and has good leg room. I like the full windshield, roof and has good power. Already has horn, mirrors and a plate on it. Just need blinkers and it will be street legal.
They are on the way.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
How's the diet going Plumb? :D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I was only teasing you Plumb, since you mentioned having to squeeze in a bit...

If I get any bigger, I'm going to have to buy a different car. I can barely get in that thing the last couple years... :D
I have to get away from here. I say no I am not hungry and here comes a plate. I know they mean well, but a vacation from here I need desperately. Will see how some time in the desert getting some good exercise will do.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Wow that’s nice. They let you street those things in WA? Cheers

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow that’s nice. They let you street those things in WA? Cheers
Yes we can here. A lot os small cities are excpting them on the streets. I think it has a bigger footprint than those little two place bug squashers you see on the highway.

This one already has a plate on it. It comes with a horn and mirrors and is 50inches wide. All I need is blinkers and I have them on the way.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
I have heard that Nevada is another tolerant state permitting road use for UTVs in communities with populations under 40,000.
I see them all the time & usually operated responsibly as go from back roads to the bar. Do not recall any turn signal, horn, windshield or seat belt requirements. Gimbaled beer holders seem to be the most common safety equipment. :p drinkholder.jpg

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Found some mods you could weld up for the CMOTO. Actually if you have the time before San Rafael the Ace could benefit from a slinky extend-a-frame conversion. then it could inch worm it's way up those nasty sandstone ledges.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess that is a sport now. I wonder how long the splines are on the driveshaft for it to extend like that. Good for rock crawling that is for sure.

If anyone needs any wiring loom I have a lot of it left over from the blinker build on my Gmoto. Will bring it to the Swell if anyone is interested. It is big enough for running two wires at a time in it. Be glad to give it to someone.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
China is coming along with this sort of thing. I would still research the living crap out of something like this before ever considering considering an actual purchase, but if it actually checked out, and I actually had money...

Reactions: plumbstraight

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Fred that Rock Dawg is amazing and cool.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
China is coming along with this sort of thing. I would still research the living crap out of something like this before ever considering considering an actual purchase, but if it actually checked out, and I actually had money...
I did get on the cmoto forum and check things out a bit. As with any of them there are pro's and con's. I am taking it in on Tuesday for the check out for getting it road licensed. It does have a bit of whine in the rearend I am going to have them check out. I will say it is comfortable to drive and soaks up the bumps. It tops out at about 45 and low is low. for doing the crawl it is much lower geared than the Polaris Ace. I like the idea with the belt drive to have a good low as to not be slipping the belt trying to ease over an obstacle. If I can make the Oregon ride fathers day I plan to take it and one TW. Just don't have the room for it and the rest of the things I take to Utah.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok did the check out at the Rafeal Swell. Did ok traversing anything we came across. The gkids came over last week and I let them run around in the field. One in the Ace and one on the gmoto. I noticed it was smoking. 375mi and smoking? Next day took it in and did a trade for a 700 Honda utv 2place. The transmission is over the top. Having a torque converter instead of a belt is way different. being a Honda, I believe in it.

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Good exchange Plubstgraight. While you in your CMOTO could drift slideways in absolute glorious fashion I really hated the CVT transmission's feel and responsiveness when I test drove it. The tranny noise was not confidence inspiring either. I did manage to get the CMOTO stuck in an arroyo untill Randall showed me the differential lock. :p

Reactions: plumbstraight

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was fun Fred. I still have a grin thinking of you thinking we were going in the ditch lol. First time I have seen you that excited. The Honda is more of a utility rig. Maybe not as fast, but will take you where you want to go. One thing I did learn out there in the dust though. The windshield will come off to let the air come through and keep the dust from coming into the cabin.

Sandy, the lady that came to Moab with me will be able to operate this one as it drives more like a pickup. Power steering and comfortable seats. It doesn't have a winch, but I don't plan to do any swamp riding. It will be street legal though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts