TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a NGK coil cable and tied to removed the old cable from the coil.
I was unable to remove this cable from the old coil. The current cable is now ruined from trying to hard to remove it.
I have a 94 and now this this cable is built in and unable to come out in the first place.
Anyone know?
$(KGrHqUOKj0E6W3guli+BOoFLBH90!~~60_35.JPG

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
The wire is molded to the coil.

You will need to get a new coil with the wire attached.

While you are at it, replace the spark plug cap.

After 5 years, the stock spark plug cap on my TW had twice the resistance of a new one.

jb

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
As a guide coils that look like this normally have wires that don't want to come out

Coils that look like the one below have wires that WILL come out

Some people claim better performance if you get take the resistor out of the plug cap and replace it with a solid piece of brass or copper. Others say leave it alone, the engineers put it there for a reason so just forget it's there. Even over at ADV you have about a 50/50 split on the argument.

I wonder if you hurt performance using a resistor plug and resistor cap at the same time? I mean what benefit does having a resistor cap and resistor plug at the same time do?
I would think it would be one or the other.

I pulled mine out to make a solid copper replacement to use in case of an plug cap failure.

here's a pic of some plug innards

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
As with all automotive today, the resisters were added to suppress radio interference in electronics and radios. Yours and other peoples. They run fine with them in the system. After long periods of time they can build added resistance and should be replaced.
Mel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts