TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-23 degrees F. at 7:00 am this morning in Groton NY!

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Is that with or without the wind chill? We had -5 and with the wind it was -19 or so... Either way, damn cold! BUT, it's going to be near 50* on Tuesday!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
We had -16 here this morning. Already up to +21 now. Almost feels warm enough to go for a ride....

(....on the snowmobiles.)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
3 below this morning and I headed out to the Grand Lake and snapped a few photos of the nearing Sunirse across the frozen surface of the lake water:

February GL Sunrise 2016 008.JPG February GL Sunrise 2016 011 (1).JPG February GL Sunrise 2016 005.JPG

It is however, supposed to be in the Mid to Upper 50s by week's end....and I am hoping for dry, sunny, and warm in South Texas/Big Bend for early and middle March:p

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
3 below this morning and I headed out to the Grand Lake and snapped a few photos of the nearing Sunirse across the frozen surface of the lake water:

View attachment 26901 View attachment 26902 View attachment 26903

It is however, supposed to be in the Mid to Upper 50s by week's end....and I am hoping for dry, sunny, and warm in South Texas/Big Bend for early and middle March:p

What a beautiful morning Hoot. Awesome pictures.
My thoughts egg zactly.

Some studded tires on your TW........

·
Registered
925 Posts
+73 at 2pm today. Yesterday was a bit warmer at +75. Worked up a sweat playing football with the grand kids! Whew! Gonna go ski tomorrow on a 8' base of snow only 50 miles up the road from me. Last week I was surf perch fishing out of Bodega CA. Now THAT was cold; +63 degrees. Nearly froze to death!

I know California has it's issues with politics, but sure is nice that today my biggest problem is; do I want to BBQ burgers AND hotdogs, OR hotdogs....

It's rough I tell ya, rough.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that with or without the wind chill? We had -5 and with the wind it was -19 or so... Either way, damn cold! BUT, it's going to be near 50* on Tuesday!
That was actual. Fortunately there was no wind.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Been outside working on frozen ATM machines since 8:30am! Still out working on frozen ATM's! Thank God for Milwaukee electric winter wear! Damn are my fingers frozen though......

Tom

Reactions: Mel and littletommy

·
Registered
814 Posts
>>>>>>>>>We had -16 here this morning. Already up to +21 now. Almost feels warm enough to go for a ride....

That is riding weather. The TW will start at -23 if it has a kick starter on it and a clean carb.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Nice day for a walk in the woods. High temperature today was 11 degrees F.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
76 here today
Yea, talked to mom in Naples...said it was finally getting near "normal' after a cold spell of Highs only in the 60s...:p

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Think we only got down to -12 here but the wind was wild at around 30-40 MPH gusts so NOAA said -31 with the wind chill. This sure has been about the strangest winter here in a long time. No snows of more than an inch or so and one day it is +50 and the next into the minus. I never even got my ice fishing gear out to go because we never did get safe ice yet. Should see close to +50 again tomorrow with warm rains. 10 degrees here now in Sullivan county NY and going up quick so that means a 80 degree swing in just over 24 hours.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I burned less than 1/2 cord this winter, and only because I missed the fire burning, sure wasn't because we needed the heat. the weather has certainly changed in the pass 10 years. not long ago we would have burned 5-6 cords of wood and seen -40 at least for 1 week and this winter we had -10 for 2 days. I miss the 30-40 below and the bright blue sky and dry snow

1 - 20 of 23 Posts