TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week was the coldest one of our winter. Friday morning the temperature was -40 with the wind blowing at 30 mph = that gives a wind chill below -50 F

All that means is that it is to cold to even think about starting my TW

However it also marks the end of our coldest part of winter and that temperatures will start edging up. So tomorrow I am going out to my shop and going to sit on my bike just to remember how much fun is coming up

Only a couple of months to go

·
Registered
392 Posts
I looked this up too. How do you get out there by boat?

Do you have trouble getting food there in the winter?

How warm is it when summer gets there?

We are in the Southwest corner of Arizona. Supposed to be close to 80 the next couple of days here.

I ride around town everyday on the TW, unless we are doing something else.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm in northern Alberta and I feel you pain!

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Holy crumbled saltine crackers Batman, that's cold!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This past week was the coldest one of our winter. Friday morning the temperature was -40 with the wind blowing at 30 mph = that gives a wind chill below -50 F

All that means is that it is to cold to even think about starting my TW

However it also marks the end of our coldest part of winter and that temperatures will start edging up. So tomorrow I am going out to my shop and going to sit on my bike just to remember how much fun is coming up

Only a couple of months to go
Don't you ever just ask yourself why?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked this up too. How do you get out there by boat?

Do you have trouble getting food there in the winter?

How warm is it when summer gets there?

We are in the Southwest corner of Arizona. Supposed to be close to 80 the next couple of days here.

I ride around town everyday on the TW, unless we are doing something else.

We only get ships in the July through October period - after that everything comes in by plane - we get about 18 flights by jet per week from Ottawa Montreal and Edmonton.

Our summers in July can get into the mid to high 70's in July

·
Registered
353 Posts
Polar, I don't know how you do it. I'd have frozen to death already. Being in So Cal my whole life might have something to do with it.

I probably shouldn't tell you this but getting ready to go for a ride down the coast. 80 degrees and beautiful here today.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
TWs were ridden to the North Pole by a couple crazy Japanese guys. Kwitchurbellyachin' and move to Dixie.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yes I agree, last week was the coldest week of winter yet this year.

Several nights actually dropped below 60 degrees F. with mid day tmps barely reaching 75 except when the monsoon would

pour down. then it was 70 or lower.

Very unseasonable for this place. I may have to start wearing long pants and long sleeve T-shirts when riding.

Atgatt around here means Change from flip flops to tennis shoes and put on a T-shirt or at least a tank top.

Me, I go all the way and wear a braided headband too. Can't be too careful you know.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Boy Polar Pilot, your location does seem abit out of the way. It would be interesting to hear how you came to call that location home. I assume you make your living flying. Do you fly in commercial supplies or perhaps folks about the lsland? Don't want to 'invade your privacy' just curious. Truelight, The Google Earth link was a nice idea, thanks. Gerry

·
Registered
14 Posts
Holy cow, I don't think I've ever felt that kind of cold. Perhaps in a big freezer, but outside?

I guess the coldest I've ever known here in Belgium is around -20°C (-13°F)

Of course, I'm only 24 years old so I guess Belgium has known colder days before I was born.

greetz

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've chilled a banana cold enough to drive a 16d nail into a pine 4x4. -150*C Also good for stealing motorcycles, as a single drop on a chain or cable will make the metal so cold it will shatter like glass when tapped with a frozen banana.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts