TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
i'd break that frame in an afternoon. i'll keep my tdub.

i love the dog's expression at 7:10... you two at it again?

20 yrs ago, living overseas, i had a 50cc scooter i cracked the frame twice and blew up the motor twice in 3000 miles. that thing saved my sanity though: freedom!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
200cc on that you would think it would have enough power. A hand clutch, high and low gear with suspension might would be fun but it is still just a minibike. They should have used the old Honda trail 70 or 90 set up would have been better. I'll stick to the Tdub.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Early last week I bought one on Amazon to kick around the campsite this past weekend. It was about to be shipped when I realized I had purchased the 3 or 3.5HP version rather than the 6-6.5 version so cancelled it on the spot. Realizing it would not come in time I looked around for used ones in my area. Of the 4 that were for sale 3 of them did not run/were broke and the one that did was pretty flimsy. These are the orange Colman versions. The tan ones in this video are what you can buy off-the=floor at Tractor Supply.
There seem to be a lot of folks that have these and have had a good experience with them in the review section. But there is also a lot of folks that received them broken from shipping or they broke down on them within a short period of time. Shipping back something that has had fuel and/or oil in it is not easy. I'd say if have some good welding skills you can beef up the frame a bit to make it stronger? As to reliability it seems to be a mixed bag. I want one but probably for nostalgic reasons.
Always on the lookout for a Manco Big Cat. Those were awesome.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That was fun almost as good as Admiral and Fred's vids.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bought one of those from my neighbor who was moving out of town for $275. Maybe had an hour on it. I bought to carry on the back of my Polaris Ranger to get me back to camp if I had a breakdown. Haven't used it other than up and down the street a couple of times. It has a governor that can be disabled (video's available on youtube) but I'd be careful as the extra speed on this ill handling bike could get you in trouble.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Brings back memories! When I was 9yo I got a Sears minibike, 3.5hp briggs motor. My best buddy and neighbor got one also...I grew up in upstate NY and man did we put miles on those things! Some of the best times ever. They took us ANYWHERE! Of course we weighed about 100lbs and rarely carried anything - not even water....plenty of streams to drink from -- Thanks for sharing!

Now after watching that - out Dubs seem like Lamborginis of the trails ;)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I had the Sears minibike also. My dad clocked it at 30mph on his motorcycle. That 60 miles or so looked rough on those Colemans. The centrifugal clutch is probably fine for normal campground riding but tore them up on those trails. They sure seemed to push them a lot for as slow as they were going.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yeah it looked like the bike was riding them more than they riding it. Makes me want to load up the TW and go somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts