TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have had that pad for about three years. There are mixed opinions on them...so I will give you fact. Coleman Pads are the best pads in the world Nobody should use any other seat pad than the Coleman pad. Everyone should put a Coleman pad on their TW. I had a guy on this site less than enamored with the pad and gave it to me for the cost of shipping. I want to thank him again. MBW

I have ridden across the Upper Peninsula to Wisconsin and back in one day. With my Clarke Tank I can get close to 200 miles in range. I have no complaints. That pad works great for me. I did Iron Butt this weekend on my Bonneville. I should have put that pad on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The one I have on my TW probably has about 13,000 miles on it, got over 16K on the bike and put it on after a couple thousand miles on just the stock seat. It is breaking down but still seems to help a bit. It was actually quite nice for the first few thousand miles after I put it on. I also cut a piece out of an old 1/2" thick foam camping pad and slipped it under it. that helped a bit too. That is one thing you can do with the coleman pad to get a bit more out of it. Use it to hold more layers of padding down. ;)

For like $15 on places like amazon and such I figure it can't be beat (At least when I got mine last year). There are better seat pads out there but for the price......

What I need to do is finally stop being lazy and cannibalize the Seat Concepts seat I kept off the bike I traded to the dealer for the TW, I kept most of the goodies off that bike in hopes of modding some to work on the TW. It is big enough I could trim the foam to fit and probably stretch the stock TW cover over it. Aftermarket seat foam is actually firmer. Which does not make sense at first that it is more comfortable but it is. They put really soft foam in stock seats on a lot of bikes so it is comfy on the test ride. But it squishes down and you are sitting on the pan on a long ride. Firmer foam feels rock hard at first but forms to your butt on a long ride and supports better to keep you off the seat pan.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Anybody using Coleman Maddog Seat Cover? I know its cheap but is it worth it to use them?
I'm not sure if it makes the ride better but it sure protects the seat from damage. I've had one on since day 2.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I bought one for the TW but somehow it ended up on my other bike. Now since my TW seat is ripping I need to seal the tears and slap a Mad dog cover over it. These covers are comfortable I just wish they were water resistant. In the rain they absorb water like a sponge.

·
Registered
56 Posts
These covers are comfortable I just wish they were water resistant. In the rain they absorb water like a sponge.
Yeah that is a downside to them. I ride year round and it rains half the year here. Get a random dry day in the winter and I still have to wear my waterproof riding pants because of the seat.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I rode the lil' bucker all day yesterday, toward the end I felt like an iron butt, even did your so called "John Wayne" dismount. I definitely see a seat cover in my future. ...and risers...and man pegs....and....

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
I gave away my coleman seat pad away feeling it was both uncomfortable and ugly. The recipient likes it though. Go figure.
Custom foam and a new cover felt better in my tastes, but have since gone to Seat Concept kits for both my TWs with greater satisfaction. Anything seems superior to the stock seat though for my 6 ft 195 lb frame. I spent a few hours on a stock seat last weekend and missed the greater comfort afforded by any seat improvement.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Fred: I have to stop breaking my medication in half. I want to thank you again for the deal on the pad. Is this post your way of asking for it back? How can I say no to you? I have worn pants every time I have ridden. The pad has held up like new. Again, thank you. This particular pad is the best Coleman pad in the world. Nobody should have any other pad than this pad. Everybody should have this pad, but only one person can. On a serious note, if you want it back I will pack it up. Shipping is on me. Your initial gesture was generous and I sincerely thank you.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Geeze boys...c'mon!
Maybe a pic or a link?
A hand drawn rendering on a napkin?
Something...?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Between Fred's love of the seat concepts and MBW's passion for the Coleman, I seem a bit torn on which way to go on this one. I need a seat cover like a crack head needs a hit. But when it comes to choosing one, I'm as confused as a 3-peckered billy goat. Buy 2, butt test both, sell the one I don't want? hhhrrrrgggggh!

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Between Fred's love of the seat concepts and MBW's passion for the Coleman, I seem a bit torn on which way to go on this one. I need a seat cover like a crack head needs a hit. But when it comes to choosing one, I'm as confused as a 3-peckered billy goat. Buy 2, butt test both, sell the one I don't want? hhhrrrrgggggh!
Get the seat consepts seat. You will not regret it. Mad dog/Coleman is better than stock and only about $20.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Admiral lays it out right. I would tell you to get the Coleman pad. Admittedly you will not get as good a deal on yours as I got on mine. However the outlay is minimal. You should try it. You can always upgrade to a seat concepts package if the pad does not cut it.

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
...or take a mid-priced option and install new additional foam and a new or re-cycled cover . Youtube has several how-to videos including how to inlet a gel foam pad into a cavity you carve in the stock sea foam allowing re-installation of OEM set cover. My first attempt entailed adding additional stiffer foam on top and re-sculpting to get rid of the low "pocket" near nose of seat followed by a new taller cover made from stretchy neoprene. My knees appreciated not bending so much when transitioning from sitting to standing with the new ~1 inch higher seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts