TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's because I am getting a friend's TW ready for summer, changed the front sprocket, had to remove the left cover when I finished and was cleaning up I found a ring that looks just like part # 2 on the floor. not knowing what it was I decided to look in the parts diagram to try to see if it came from the bike. I did an oil changed and all, the motor starts and no weird sound what so ever... I am wondering, if the piece really came from inside the motor, without this ring bushing the motor would make a weird noise or maybe not even start. Should I take the cover back off and check...?

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
If the part you found looks like either of the two silver (aluminum) parts in the pic below, then it is the part that should be mounted on the shaft above the smaller starter gear as shown below.

Starter Bushing.jpg

I am going go out on a limb here and say that without this bushing installed, the smaller starter gear appears to be effectively constrained between the larger starter gear and the starter clutch housing that is mounted on the back side of the flywheel.

Translation: Looks like your friend's bike will probably be okay without this bushing being installed.

(p.s. how good of a friend is he ;)?)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All done! I drain the oil in a clean pan and then poured in back in the engine, took about 20 minutes and I have a happy friend that will stay a friend. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts