TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Colorado trip

11K views 67 replies 20 participants last post by  Wingnut 
#1 ·
#10 ·
nice. you say the TW was sputtering at that elevation, how did the thin air affect you?

#11 ·

This is the beginning of the yankee boy basin/ imogene trail. A local jeep tour guide said a few people drive off of this corner every year. If you go off of this one its "Game Over."

If you get caught up sight seeing it would only take a few seconds of not watching the road to be a gone.

#13 ·

End of the Yankee Boy Basin trail. Yankee boy was probably the roughest trail i tackled out here. It was a very rocky road and alot of rocks were big. My buddy didnt make it up here on his klr. He doesnt have much off road experience and that klr is heavy especially with all the junk he was packing...

#17 ·

This is the first creek crossing on the Imogene Pass and by far my favorite. This little creek came down the mountain and turned about 30-40 yards of the trail a creek before cutting back down the mountain. I have a short gopro video off this i will try put up this weekend.

#18 ·

We watched probably ten different 4x4's go through this creek and my buddie had to run off in the woods for a nervous forest deposit before i said the heck with it im doing it. The 30-45 minutes we waited here got us into some trouble but thats coming. There was one spot on the far end of this crossing that would swallow a tw front wheel which had me kind of nervous since it had a swift current but the ol tw made it look easy!

#20 ·

The switchbacks on the far hill is part of the Black Bear Pass which is a very well known trail for 4x4's. It has claimed many lives throughout the years. There are a few slick rock sections with a few drop offs and on one side of the trail is a couple thousand feet drop off. I didnt get to do this one because it was still closed. The snow hadnt been cleared yet. The bottom of the pic is the edge of Telluride Colorado.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.