1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you for this. Very well done and most useful.

Thanks again,
Lance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
How can I get a colored diagram for the 1988 - 2000 models. I will be installing a new, used complete harness in the next week or so and it could be a great help?

Thanks

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
It sure would be nice to have a "sticky" made up with the 87, 88-2000, 2001-to present in our tech info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How can I get a colored diagram for the 1988 - 2000 models. I will be installing a new, used complete harness in the next week or so and it could be a great help?

Thanks

GaryL
It sure would be nice to have a "sticky" made up with the 87, 88-2000, 2001-to present in our tech info.
I'm not sure which diagrams are for which generations. The one I made was for TW200T/TC, which ever that is.
If you can get me the original diagrams, I will enjoy reproducing them in color for you guys.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I'm not sure which diagrams are for which generations. The one I made was for TW200T/TC, which ever that is.
If you can get me the original diagrams, I will enjoy reproducing them in color for you guys.
Thank you ValorSolo! These will be very useful for all of us. Others here should be able to provide more detailed info and possibly the diagrams for the different year models. Just for your info when they show models like TW200T/TC, the TC designates California models which as far as I know are basically the same but the California models have additional EPA emissions requirements. I don't believe these will effect the electrical schematics at all but I could be wrong. It mostly has to do with the carburetors and an added emissions canister on the California bikes. If it helps, my 1991 TW is listed as TW200B/BC. I don't know the letter designation of my 1988 TW but my owners manual shows both the B and the BC sharing the same electrical diagram. 1987 was the first production year of the TW or Trailway and those bikes had numerous electrical issues and likely a different wiring diagram but in 1988 they made some changes and again in 2000/2001 the electrics were upgraded some.

Thank you for all your help and the effort you are making with this project. Your color coded diagrams will be a very special addition to what we try to do here at this forum.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I found this somewhere 2 or 3 years ago, It says an 87, but I can't verify that, perhaps someone could.

http://webpages.charter.net/n8nxf/87 TW Wiring Diagram.jpg

In our service manuals (main manual) in the tech section, there are wiring diagrams for TW200 T/TC and also TW200 EU and TW200 EUC I don't know what years those are though, anyone know?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I found this somewhere 2 or 3 years ago, It says an 87, but I can't verify that, perhaps someone could.

http://webpages.charter.net/n8nxf/87%20TW%20Wiring%20Diagram.jpg

In our service manuals (main manual) in the tech section, there are wiring diagrams for TW200 T/TC and also TW200 EU and TW200 EUC I don't know what years those are though, anyone know?
Just looking at these diagrams are useful but they sure do make a lot of us wish we had some training in electrical systems. It is easy enough to understand that L = the color blue and I can follow that to where it joins with other color wires. Where I am seriously ignorant with these schematics is all the various signs and what they signify. My keyboard does not have these spring looking squiggles or any of the other signs used in electric so I might as well be reading Greek. I guess I can relate a sign in the headlight to signify a bulb filament and a curved line where the fuse is to be a fuse sign that could burn out. There are a lot of other signs I have no idea what they mean but our members with some electrical training understand them all.

I always say I am a Jack of all trades but a master of none. Very frustrating when I have to admit with electrical stuff that Jack is a dumb bastard and he is me! I don't necessarily hate electric but it does tend to show my short comings pretty quick. I always loved Lizrdbrth's signature line, "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you", How true is that?

GaryL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

http://webpages.charter.net/n8nxf/87 TW Wiring Diagram.jpg

I over-laid this one on to the one I colored in the first post, they are identical. If this one is for an '87, then so is mine.
I do like this diagram better, as all the components are labeled, not numbered and indexed.

EDIT: I also just compared the TW200EU/EUC with the TW200T/TC and they are different.
I'm working on the EU one now, should have it done in awhile.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry it took so long on the EU diagram, but there was much confusion and a few delays that held me up.
I guess all we need now is someone to give us a copy of the 2001+ manual, and maybe that'll be all of 'em.

I updated the first post. Added the EU diagram.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts