TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's something interesting for those who, like me, are into old Jeeps.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
When I was a kid there was a 1946 Willy's CJ2a that was next to a meadow where we played ball. I had told my friends that when I was old enough I am going to get that Jeep. The people who owned it were very reclusive, and to young kids that means very bad. When i was 17 I went and knocked on their door. An elderly woman answered the door and asked "what do you want". I said I want to buy the Jeep. She said "how much do you want to give us for it". I said $500. She yelled to the back of the house "Honey... Mr Rockefeller is here and he wants to buy your Jeep". An old man came to the door and he said "how much do you want to give me for it?" I said $500. He said " are you out of your mind, give me $200". I said ok, thanked him and his wife very much and towed it home with my 1973 Wagoneer. It took all of about 2 hours to get the Hurricane 4 started. It had not been running in over 20 years! I had more fun in that Jeep. I have owned a plethora of CJ7's, Scramblers and Wranglers but I wish I still had that CJ2A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts