TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
I've spent a lot of time hiking around there. I have a close friend that lives in Blanding, UT and we've explored many of the Anasazi cliff dwellings in that area. It is truly beautiful. Most of the places I've been wouldn't have been fit for a TW however.

Here's a couple pics of us on a ledge at Lewis Lodge ruins not too far from Comb Ridge.
187360697.jpg

187360692.jpg

Registered
It's on Cedar Mesa just west of Comb Ridge a little NW of Bluff, UT. I don't know where Comb wash is exactly but assume its near Comb ridge.

I had my TW out there this year and rode trails by Mexican Hat and Bears Ears. There are so many places to explore in Utah. Being from Michigan I don't get too far off the roads for fear of getting lost and running out of gas. From what I've seen of the terrain, mules would be excellent transportation. Plus they're probably nice to talk to around the campfire....just kidding ;) Heh, I just thought of the movie Jeremiah Johnson where Will Geer's character (Bear Claw) talked to his mule all the time.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Tirebiter;

Well if you get out this way again, I'd be glad to show you what I know anyway. Maybe I'll have learned to ride it by then... use to four legs and yes, I talk to my mules all the time!

Thanks;

GW

Registered
Very cool. As many area's around my neck of the woods (rocks) which have petroglyphs, I've only run across one very large rock, and it's very well know which had the writings. ...and I still almost didn't find it. I too share time between mules...TW Mule and the 4 leg Mule.

@Tirebiter, nice photo's. I'm scared of heights, so I'd probably lose my cookies going to that place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts