TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday.

My day started out as it typically does. Rain and a vehicle crash.

The river rose so I had to go check it out. It did.

The local park is now a "water park".

Conducted some bridge inspections. Not required on my part just something I thought I'd do just in case a bridge had washed out. Wouldn't want to be the land owner across the river with the water rising.

The road was a little moist so I rode through it.

Another cabin and another bridge. Yikes, that water is close. The deck is almost a dock.

This couple is taking advantage of the situation for sure.

Sometimes you see weird stuff where it doesn't appear to belong.

Well, maybe it was used once upon a time.

This is the only road access to some houses back yonder. Guess they have to wait for the "road" to recede.

Used the riding opportunity to check out the trails for snow.

Still a no-go. Snow melting fast but not nearly fast enough. Unless you own a cabin down by the river. Then it's melting way to fast.

Avoid the ditch. That's my advice.

The snow has melted a lot in the last few weeks but there's a long way to go melt wise before we'll be able to "ride about the country".

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Excellent road report, Mr. Admiral!
They said on the national news a while ago that today's storm was the largest single storm in history.
What is the nearest town or city to where this was?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Love the pic of the old telephone booth in the middle-of-nowhere. Bizarre for sure.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent road report, Mr. Admiral!
They said on the national news a while ago that today's storm was the largest single storm in history.
What is the nearest town or city to where this was?
Now that I'm retired I don't watch the weather (or news) as much but I think the whole PNW received a bunch of rain. Here at Fleet Headquarters near Crouch, ID (Garden Valley area), it rained mostly for 3 days straight on top of a pretty healthy snow pack. More rain today, yuck!

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Since Admiral moved Mother Nature really seems to have cranked up the Welcome Wagon. Big winter,big run-off.
It's been one or the other lately for sure (snow, rain, melt). I think some folks in the flood zone aren't thrilled about it at all. I live on the high ground thankfully.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
never boring living in the hills, great pics
It will be even less boring if the dang snow would melt off quicker (but safely) so I could hit the trails and logging roads. My guess is the logging roads will be open before the trails. I tried again yesterday up some logging roads and keep running into snow at a pretty low elevation.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool post, Admiral! Those guys in the inflatable have the right idea! Kayaking flooded creeks is a blast!
I did pull over down the road and took a longer video shot of them going by but I opted not to show it for video brevity sake. We each waved and said hi to each other. The water was swirling pretty good.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Cool report. Since you moved to “Icy Hollow” and what with all the precipitation.I figured you need one of these. We have been looking at SxS. I kinda like the X4.

Just add the track kit, a lift kit and the hard enclosure for winter and plow. For summer remove the tracks and enclosure and add back the wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts