TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dug the dirt a bit and planted some cool weather crops. Lettuce, spinach, kale, arugula, cilantro, basil, parsley and carrots. Come on Spring! Heading to my shop to grab Lucile and get her engine warmed up with a little local ride! 42° and sunny in Boise today.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just spent the last 5 hours digging out the house and driveways. Got another 5 inches on top of the 50 plus inches this month. Running out of room to plow so I had to use the tractor and loader to stack the snow banks. Had to shovel all the roofs off cause of snow. Moved the snow from around the house cause we couldn't see out the windows.

Yeah spring that would be nice.:D As long as the last night below zero is over I'm happy. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Supposed to be in the mid 60's tomorrow in San Jose. Also suppose to be clear blue sunny skies. I am so sick of rain and cloudy days. 10 day forecast has next Monday in the mid 70's!!!! Man, I can hardly wait. Winter be gone!!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i alwas thought that Boise was in the tropics when Admiral lived there
It is always warm where Admiral lives, have you met his wife?
Plumb- Poor Admiral is buried in snow up to his handlebars! He lives just north of me about 45 minutes. The elevation change generally is only a few hundred feet but he is surrounded by mountains and winter comes early, spring comes late. I saw recently he had a bulldozer moving snow around his place. I have shoveled My driveway 2 times all winter with the maximum depth about 6". We haven't yet met but hope to join him in a ride this season. Winters in Boise are pretty mild as the snow falls in the mountains around us, at Admirals place.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Plumb- Poor Admiral is buried in snow up to his handlebars! He lives just north of me about 45 minutes. The elevation change generally is only a few hundred feet but he is surrounded by mountains and winter comes early, spring comes late. I saw recently he had a bulldozer moving snow around his place. I have shoveled My driveway 2 times all winter with the maximum depth about 6". We haven't yet met but hope to join him in a ride this season. Winters in Boise are pretty mild as the snow falls in the mountains around us, at Admirals place.
what until Mrs Admiral moves up with the Admiral, she'll warm the place up and your going to have flooding problems

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
It's 52 degrees outside right now and I get off work in 40 minutes.
Hopefully the Sun was strong enough to melt the ice tundra that used to be my driveway and I can get a bike or two out on the street for a ride.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
+1 Fred it kinda looked like cash.

·
Registered
19,432 Posts
Well, when I think of the money I sink into a hobby garden attempted in marginal soils & climate to eventually yield mostly food for the squirrels, birds and bears I find myself projecting onto others...:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts